It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #1
(male)

bprosano77 HB User
Anxiety and Buspar

I am new to this site and would appreciate some sound advice. I have always had anxiety issues, although I would consider them minor in comparison to others. About 18 months ago, I found out my wife was pregnant and received a new, demanding job promotion. Although both were a great blessing to me and something I had always wanted/ worked toward, I started suffering from excessive anxiety and worry. These greatly increased when my daughter was born and escalated into intrusive thoughts and unreasonable paranoia. My symptoms were no longer minor and actually probably higher up on the scale of a serious break with reality. I couldn't sleep, my health was suffering, and my relationship with my wife has suffered as well. I began to see a doctor 3 months ago and this has helped a little. He along with my family doc wanted to put me on seroquel but I have a second job requiring me to drive and do deliveries for 3 hrs early morn on 6 hrs sleep so this option was out. They gave me Buspar instead mainly because I have substance abuse history althoug 7 yrs sober and never a prob with benzos. I think the Buspar is helping, but starting to have weird symptoms... migraines, out of touch feeling, etc. and this in turn causes anxiety thus defeating the purpose. From what I read, Benzos would do most good but I dont think my doc will prescribe, havent asked either. Any advice / exp. would be welcome. My main symptom is intrusive/ unwanted thoughts which cause bad anxiety. Sorry for long post...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread