It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
(female)

JxxZ22 HB User
Angry Anxiety for two years... Being sick

So I think this officialy flared up three years ago when i started work. And i was alot slower then most and felt like I wasnt living up to everyones exspectations. And I started to notice signs of OCD setteling in were id be double sometimes triple or more checking everything. Then id be anxious night times and think that id forgotten to do something.

But that would be on and off. Then as I started college at this new college It started affecting everything
College, Home even at a friends house.
Id overthink all the time constantly worried about college work. getting things wrong or doing things I shouldnt of.

after councilling, the constant over thinking was calming itself i learnt how to control it better. And I started up a club and it stopped other then now im getting attacks when i should be enjoying myself. for example. In London we were away the first night, as we sat down to eat i started feeling anxious.
this happened the whole time we were away for three days. and when i went clubbing for the first time.
Though iv had them whilst doing things iv done may of times, going to the park with a friend, going to the pub with friends, shopping.

Tight stomach
and Id feel nautious
Cant eat
Sometimes lightheaded.
Leads to me being physically sick

Iv been to the doctors, All hes said is too practise my thearpy stuff when im feeling well. but when im having one of theese attacks its hard for me to focus on anything elce, so i doubt theyd be helpfull anyway.I have considerd meds, But im worried about side effects.

I need help. Im going to uni in september. I dont know what to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
(female)

NatePanda HB UserNatePanda HB User
Re: Anxiety for two years..Being sick

Hey, you need to deal with the thoughts first, control them then the others will be easier to work through. My cognitive therapist told me to write down all my thoughts and dreams (that worry me) every night before bed, every morning, to write down how i see it/think it and what the rational side of it is...

It's good you're keeping your life in check by continuing doing things, a lot of people just shut down, I know I did the first time I got anxiety xx

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, help asap, sickness