It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

escapegirl08 HB Userescapegirl08 HB User
Adivan dose

My doctor started me on Zoloft and upped my adivan does. I feel good with the Zoloft, but the adavan is making me feel like a zombie. Anyone else have this? I was on .5mg and now on 1mg.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #2
(female)

AmbivalentKay HB UserAmbivalentKay HB User
Re: Adivan dose

Hey there-- I've been on Ativan (or the generic) and am currently on Klonopin which is extremely similar (the Klonopin is sort of an 'extended release' version of Ativan).
Ativan is a life saver during times of extreme stress. Your dose is extremely low, but it does take a little time to adjust to these drugs. It shouldn't take longer than a couple weeks at most to adjust to your dosage. You are taking 1 mg. daily, correct? That's still quite low. I'm certain the zombie feeling will wear off and you will begin to feel better than you can imagine. Just give it a chance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
(female)

Wink Re: Adivan dose

PS: I've taken this drug for years and while it is a controlled substance drug I've never been tempted to abuse it. Don't be surprised to hear some bad press about Ativan, but if you follow your prescribed dose you'll be fine. Also, it's always a good idea to read that printed stuff that the pharmacy provides that comes with your meds-- while most of it is common sense and endless repeats there are sometimes some helpful and worthwhile additions to the drug info.

Last edited by AmbivalentKay; 07-26-2012 at 03:53 AM.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
(female)

I've been taking .5 when I have to go to work, but I am off for the next 3 days so I'm going to take the 1mg and see if it is better. I think sometimes the first time to up a dose it just seems so strong. You are right about the bad press. People keep saying ddon't take it. You will be hooked. It's not that I want to take it, but I NEED to take it until the Zoloft starts working.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #5
(female)

EscapeGirl08, hope you are feeling more adjusted to your Zoloft and your increased dosage of Ativan. Changing dosages can really take some getting used to: sometimes I feel as though NOTHING is happening and sometimes it feels like too much change and therefore must be wrong. Another thing, just because these drugs aren't obvious life-savers like a heart drug or insulin for a diabetic, doesn't mean they aren't just as important for our health and well-being. We do need these medications. We've lived without them and know how THAT feels. I think we're lucky to find doctors who understand. Best of luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to AmbivalentKay For This Useful Post:
escapegirl08 (08-03-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
(female)

Thanks. I'm feeling much better. I'm starting to feel the Zoloft working. I don't need to take the Adivan near as often. I'm getting used to the new dose. It really is a life saver for me. I don't know how I was making it through the day before. Thanks for the advice and best of luck to you too!

The following user gives a hug of support to escapegirl08:
AmbivalentKay (08-03-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
(female)

So glad to hear the Zoloft is doing something! When you're in a panic state it seems like forEVER till you start feeling better, and some people just stop. Please stick with your Zoloft even when you feel OK, in accordance with whatever your doc says. When my doc first prescribed me Ativan I had just quit my job of 17 years and my Dad had a near-death illness in the same month. I was really wigging out. Thank Heavens for good doctors and good drugs!

The following user gives a hug of support to AmbivalentKay:
escapegirl08 (08-04-2012)
Old 08-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
(female)

knitterpenny HB User

Hi,
I take Ativan 0.5 mg but I usually break it in half.. just because I get "anxious" about taking meds... Lately I am having digestive problems so I have been taking 1/2 2 times a day... it just seems to Calm me down ...
I don't take anything else for my anxiety..
Hope you feel better

Old 08-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
(female)

I've been feeling really good lately up until the last 2 days. I feel like the Ativan isn't doing much for me. Too much stress all at once. I found out i have to see a heptologist so I guess I am just so nervous about that. Plus I have a tooth ache and stiff neck ha ha I am falling apart. I might try taking 2mg and see how that goess. My bottle says 1 to 2mg when needed.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
(female)

weplant HB User

I am so glad to hear good news about Ativan..I was told do not take it, it is very additctive and you will feel like a zomble. I had a hard time finding someone to give me a prescription of it..But it does take the edge off. So is this something I can take everyday...??? Had to go off lexapro...thanks

Old 08-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
(female)

knitterpenny HB User

I think the ativan is the least addictive, especially is you take as prescriped or less like I do.. It just takes the edge off for me.. Sort of calms me down.
I never feel like a zombie when I take it.. Just a bit more relaxed and it stops that anxious feeling like I'm gonna jump out of my skin...
Ask your Dr about it.. Get a low dose.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
(female)

It has made my life so much better after months and months of fighting my anxiety and not leaving the house. I just can't wait until the Zoloft is in full effect and I can back off the Ativan some.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
(female)

knitterpenny HB User

escapegirl...
What dose of ativan do you take and when do you take it?

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-15-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room letters with the proper words as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #14
(female)

I take 1mg as needed. I can take up to 2mg at a time, but never needed that much and hope I never do! I usually take it once in the morning because I have so much anxiety in the morning with getting the kids dressed and fed and all that. (I have 2 girls. They are 7 months and the other one just turned 2) Then I usually take another one around 4pm which is the time I am either getting ready for work or if I'm off I am getting dinner started and cleaning up the house before my husband gets home.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-16-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Closed Thread