It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

n33dhelp HB User
Prozac/Anxiety/Depersonalization

Hi. I had been feeling 'numb', if that makes sense.. almost emotionless. Also I would have lots of anxiety and worries that would prevent me from doing normal things... so I went to see a psychiatrist. He's really great, and he prescribed me 10mg of prozac to start out, then increased the dosage to 20mg a day. Not too much at all and I felt like it REALLY helped me anxiety. I still feel like it does. (by the way, I am going to talk to my doc about all of this on aug 2nd but I just wanted more opinions of people who have taken stuff, etc). However, I feel like it has increased my 'numbess' and being 'emotionless' and made it worse.. I almost want to just take absolutely no medication whatsoever. I feel like I don't know who I am anymore... and it's so scary. I almost feel like the world is 'fake'. Does this even make any sense? I don't think I have depersonilization from what I've read but maybe I have a mild case of it?

I'm scared. I don't know what to do. Maybe I should see if my doc will prescribe just anti-anxiety meds instead of anti-depressants?

What do I do

Old 08-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

whysosad HB User
Re: Prozac/Anxiety/Depersonalization

Hi--has that feeling changed at all in the past week or so since you posted this? Honestly I've been so sensitive and volatile on Effexor that this sounds appealing. I'm supposed to switch to something new next week (possibly Prozac or Wellbutrin), and am thinking of going off meds altogether because my experience with Effexor was so terrible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
(female)

Haunter716 HB User
Re: Prozac/Anxiety/Depersonalization

I have been experiencing a similar problem with Zoloft. A few days after increasing my dose to 50 mg I started feeling this way. It's really scary and I feel like I am dreaming all the time. But according to a lot of people this is a normal side effect that will go away after a few weeks and improve over time which is great. So we have hope! Just try to ride out the side effects and see how you feel in a week or two. I know it's tough and I feel like quitting my medication too but just hang in there.

Closed Thread

Tags
depersonalization, depression, prozac