It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
(male)

at1234 HB User
Does this sound like anxiety symptoms?

Hi. For the last 5 months or so i have had near constant lightheadedness and a dizzy feeling every single day. Occasionally it will subside for maybe 2 or 3 days and then return again. It started when i was in the gym and suddenly felt like i was going to faint. As it started when i was exercising i have had all the necessary heart tests - including the 48 hour heart tape/monitor - all of which have come back normal as far as i know, as they said if anything was urgent they contact me right away. I have had many blood pressure tests/ and a blood sample done since, which are normal. A couple of times palpitations have made me call an ambulance and all their tests have shown nothing and i didn't even need A&E.

Now i'm starting to think i have a brain disorder or something but the doctors keep attributing it all to anxiety. It's so annoying as i can't even go into a store without feeling like fainting.

I don't understand why i was completely fine until around 5 months ago and then this starts in the middle of a routine gym session. Did i just have a panic attack out of nowhere in the gym or what?

I have had what i thought was anxiety in the past but it was nothing like this. I mainly just didn't like overcrowded/busy places etc...but i've never experienced the constant feeling of dizziness/lightheadedness i have now.

The doctor gave me a medication called prochlorperazine which i have taken and it helped to a point, but now one type of dizzy feeling has been replaced with another more spacey/floating kind of lightheadedness but the feeling of fainting remains.

Another symptom i'm getting is trouble getting a full deep breath.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Last edited by at1234; 07-25-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
(female)

escapegirl08 HB Userescapegirl08 HB User
Re: Does this sound like anxiety symptoms?

That sounds exactly like me. I started feeling like I couldn't get a deep enough breath and then the dizzines, spacey feelings started. I mjust started taking Zoloft and Ativan so we will see if it gets better. I hate to leave the house feeling like this.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
(male)

at1234 HB User

What do you do for relief when it happens? I get the not being able to get a deep breath feeling all the time and i can't yawn either

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-25-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
(female)

escapegirl08 HB Userescapegirl08 HB User

Well now it doesn't happen because the Adivan took care of that, but I researched different breathing exercises. I found that I was a shallow breather.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Terri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by at1234 View Post
What do you do for relief when it happens? I get the not being able to get a deep breath feeling all the time and i can't yawn either

These are definitely anxiety symptoms. I get them too. Have for years. And I have a problem exercising when it's hot as well. I feel like I'm gonna pass out sometimes. I have to slow down when it happens. Yes, the breathing thing too. I like to yawn to get the breath. It really could be anxiety.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
(male)

at1234 HB User

Yes exercising is now really hard for me but what i don't understand is i have trained regularly at the gym 5 times a wk for around 2 years and was completely fine up until about 5 months ago when this happened in the middle of a session and hasn't left me since. It's weird

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-31-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Terri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB UserTerri880 HB User

I would make sure there's nothing neurological going on. You've kind of ruled out heart problems, and it's possible it's just anxiety, but you want to rule out anything physiological, especially when the problem persists.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-31-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Closed Thread