It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
(male)

Benz7524 HB User
Could this be anxiety... so many unusual symptoms

Hello, my symptoms began about 4 months ago following an incident at a music festival <edit> I felt like my heart was pounding, my body was tingling, and I was about to pass out. I was taken to the hospital and given an IV. Since that time, I have had a lot of unusual symptoms. The first symptom was while sitting at lunch, I all of a sudden had a wave come over me where suddenly I felt like I was in a dreamlike state and was about to pass out. My heart was racing. Since then I've continually had these waves come over me and create very similar feelings. Next symptoms was while playing basketball, everything seemed to be fine, until I was shooting a jumpshot and got this immediate feeling of my heart racing with a need to cough. This also happened while swinging a cough club. Have recently had issues with feeling shaky (persistent throughout day, but worse in the morning upon waking up) and off balance, such as if I'll be standing up but feel like I'm leaning forward and slouched over. I should also add that I have a very stiff feeling in the back of my neck, as well as occasional eye floaters that seem to appear more often than before. I also feel somewhat like things are heavier than I'd expect than to me, such as my cell phone, I'll be holding it and it will feel somewhat foreign in my hand. Lastly, I have a feeling of pressure in my head, but not really a headache, just like my head feels heavier than normal.

I've visited my doctor and gotten an Echo, EKG, 2 wk monitor, blood work, and CT and all seems to be normal. What could possibly be causing all of these symptoms, please help!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-25-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
(male)

Perry2 HB User
Re: Could this be anxiety... so many unusual symptoms

I am not sure you can do permanent damage that would result in these sorts of symptoms. It sounds like anxiety, and recalling the original scare just brings the attacks on. "Eye floaters" may in fact be painless migraines which are often stress related. Some of your other symptoms sound unconnected, as though you are becoming hypersensitied to anything unusual and therefore accumulating "symptoms". Are you in high stress through work/school/relationships?

Get much more active. The endorphins seem to erode transitory anxiety. When I thought I had heart problems I used to get panic attacks in the gym. Once I discovered it was anxiety rather than hear disease I was able to work through it and to ignore what was not actually harming me. It didn't "heal" my anxiety but it did allow me to get past these sorts of spikes.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-26-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Closed Thread