It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
(male)

Hbrower HB User
Simply Anxiety and OCD? Need some advice.

Hello everybody, I am new to these forums and I'm really glad I have became a member, I need some advice right now. For the last few months, I have been going through some Anxiety and OCD fears as my psychiatrist has told me. I haven't been able to accept that and move on at all, I keep convincing myself that It's something more severe such as Schizophrenia (Which is a huge fear of mine). I also have convinced myself that I am slowly becoming crazy, and one day I'll just loose it and have to be put in a mental hospital. These fears I have worry me constantly on a regular basis throughout the day. If I could just stop thinking about them and turn them into positive thoughts, I would feel so much better.

Along with these thoughts, I get very weird sensations. Such as feeling as though I'm in a dream or just a fog. Feeling detached from my surroundings, and just derealization in general. These feelings scare me even more, and make me convince myself that I really am loosing it.

For example, last night was pretty hard for me. This is what led me to posting this on the forums. I was feeling very anxious and nervous for some reason, I kept fearing I was developing some mental Illness and bout to snap. I even felt like I was going to just loose it, that's how scared and anxious I felt. I couldn't really sleep, because the sensations I got scared me so much. I felt just like I was in a dream, so out of it, in a fog, detached, and it was just so hard to explain.. Nothing felt real. It simply felt like I was in a dream even though I knew I was awake. These feelings carried over to this morning, where I still feel detached and like I'm living in some dream and haven't woke up yet. Everything looks and even feels so weird, and I'm so nervous.

I see my psychiatrist regularly, but he feels this is just Anxiety and OCD. I have told my parents about this also, and they are convinced it's just Anxiety and OCD and that's it. Me on the other hand, am not convinced one bit. I am so worried that I am in the midst of developing something major, and one day it'll hit me. I can't stop worrying about these sensations and feelings, I hate it! My question is, am I worrying just too much? Does this all just sound simply like Anxiety and OCD producing all these sensations and thoughts? I'm really working myself up these last few days and I need to stop somehow.

Thank you so much for reading my post. Despite these feelings, everybody still knows me as a very happy person and I try to be when I'm not alone. Usually when I'm out with friends, the sensations and thoughts subside for awhile which feels amazing. But when I'm alone and have time to think, it gets so much worse. Thanks again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread