It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
(female)

Laineyyz HB User
Unhappy Having anxiety/panic attacks again after months free from it. Please talk with me.

Hello everyone, I started having anxiety and panic attack about a year and a half ago, I am 27 this year. When I 1st have it I was being put on Lexapro and Xanax. I was on lexapro 10mg for 6 months and it does help me get better and am no longer taking Xanax. And I stopped taking lexapro too. I know we should just got off cold turkey like that because of the withdrawal syndrome but I was feeling so good that time and I actually did stop cold turkey and I didn't have any withdrawal syndrome!

I was feeling pretty good and feeling like myself again being happy and living life for the next 6 months without having anxiety or panic attacks and wasn't on any medication.

But for the past few months I was having a little bit of panicky feelings like I would have before a full blown panic attack sets in. I also begin worrying about every small little things again. I also start taking my leftover Xanax from a year ago whenever I feel like going to have a panic attack. I don't take them often thought. I don't take them daily, I just took .25mg when I feel like a panic attack is coming. I know it is addictive and I tries not to take it too often.

And then recently the panicky feeling are getting pretty bad and I am on Xanax more often now. I finally went to my doctor again and she is putting me in lexapro again seeing that lexapro helps me in the past.

My question is. Is this anxiety and panic attacks thing recurrence? I honestly thought I was cure from it those 6 months when I am totally fine. But it seems like I'm back to square 1 again being in medication.

Also since lexapro had help me so well before this. It will have the same effects when I'm taking it again this time right? I will not react differently towards it right?

Have any of you here have your anxiety come back after not having it for months? And will we ever be cure from it? I will so very appreciate your responds and help me shed some light on my conditions. I really hate the panic attacks I'm having

The following user gives a hug of support to Laineyyz:
justiceandtruth (08-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
(female)

Lucibella23 HB User
Re: Having anxiety/panic attacks again after months free from it. Please talk with me

Hi Laineyyz,

First off, I'm so sorry you are having a rough time! I can only speak for myself, but I also did a short-course on Lexapro and most of my anxiety and panic went away. I went off of it due to side effects, and all of the anxiety came right back. I also have a xanax rx which I don't like having to use because of the nature of the medication. What's really helped me reduce my anxiety and panic is therapy. There were so many things I did not realize were causing me so much daily anxiety. And I've learned how to calm myself down when those first panicky feelings start - so it rarely progresses to a full-blown, miserable panic attack now. I really encourage you to give it a shot - if you are open to it, it can be a tremendously valuable learning experience. I've learned so much more than I expected.

Good Luck,

Lucibella

Old 08-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
(female)

Laineyyz HB User
Re: Having anxiety/panic attacks again after months free from it. Please talk with me

Lucibella, thank you for your reply. I have consider therapy before but I couldn't afford it due to my financial limits. The cost for the anti depressnt medicine are being covered by my company as they are paying for my medical fees.

However I do read some self help book on overcoming anxiety without the help of medication. Am still learning. I really do hope one day I will be free from it.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
(female)

justiceandtruth HB User

First, I just wanted to give you a hug, because I know how difficult this is to go through.

I'm going through some medical issues myself, and after almost 10 years of managing my panic disorder and anxiety well....it's back. I know this can be a scary thing...I'm pretty scared myself! But recurrences can happen, and the important thing is that you recognized the signs early and are getting the help you need.

I totally understand about not being able to afford therapy. If it's simply not an option for you right now, there are several really great books available that can help give you some tools to cope. I'm not sure if we're permitted to post titles and authors here, but if you do a search online, you'll be able to find a variety of highly-rated books and workbooks.

Hang in there, OK? Let's try to be kind to ourselves and get though this

Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
(female)

donna990 HB User

I have suffered from panic attacks on and off for almost 30 years. Yes, they can begin again after not having them for some time. They can also be more of a full blown panic attack rather than just a panicky "feeling" even if you've never had one before.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
(female)

balletshoes89 HB User

Yes, I'm 23 and my whole life I've gone through months or years of no anxiety and rarely getting a panic attack. Then, BAM! It's back again. I know what you're feeling. You get upset and feel hopeless that it's back again and that you're back to being 'not normal'. At least that's how I feel. There's nothing wrong with being on medication for this. Think of how many medications people take daily for so many different diseases. Do not feel bad about this and anything negative people say, tell them to just mind their business. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Old 09-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
(female)

rainbow127 HB User

I know this post is a few weeks old, but I also wanted to reply. It is totally normal for anxiety to come and go. It's the nature of the beast, unfortunately.

For me, it comes back when i least expect it. When there is nothing stressful even going on in my life. It's almost like i'm OK when things are stressful - i cope. But after the dust settles and everything is calm, that's when the anxiety acts up.

I hope you feel better soon!

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, lexapro, panic attack, withdrawals, xanax