It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
(female)

KTB83 HB User
New to Klonopin and have questions

Hello! I just officially got diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and panic and my doctor prescribed me a pretty low down of klonopin. Just .5 a day. Anyway, I am mostly really happy with the effects but I am wondering if there is a way to combat the drowsiness. Also, I get sick after I eat sometimes on it and that makes me not want to eat and causes me more anxiety! Has any one else had these effects?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
(male)

Jeffrulesyou HB User
Re: New to Klonopin and have questions

I used to take Klonopin for GAD and panic. Yeah the drowsiness was there for me too. I ususally just took it when All I needed to do was lay on my couch and watch TV lol. I don't know if there really is a way to combat the drowsiness. But I was on 2mg which is a huge step up from .5 When I was a Senior in high school I was on .5 and managed to stay wake all day. Drink coffee lots of it I never got the sick from food thing, you should tell your doc about that maybe he can switch it up for you. Sorry, I don't know much about combating the drowsiness thats just pretty much what it does well did for me atleast

Last edited by Jeffrulesyou; 08-25-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Might pay to ask your doc about treatment with an SSRI, such as Zoloft, every day, and save the Klonopin for when you feel especialy anxious

Taking the Klonopin in a singe dose at bedtime should help with the drowsiness and othr side effects

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 09-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

blon55 HB Userblon55 HB User

I just started taking klonopin 1mg twice a day,as needed. Meaning started yesterday. So far, I was able to ssleep better last night, so I appreciated the drowsiness. Haven't been sleeping lately. Huge anxiety due to 3 factors, pain, going off a bunch of meds too fast and a neighbor driving me insane...
The drowsiness should dissipate after some time, just don't drive right after you take it. And if it continues, your dr may want to lower your dose or something. Good luck

Closed Thread