It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
(male)

prodigalguy HB User
SSRI resistent GAD/Social anxiety

I have had issues with GAD and more like social anxiety for...well forever really, I have been working with my doctor for about a decade now trying EVERY drug in the book to help and I am positive I have tried every single SSRI now to no avail. Currently I'm taking clonazepam, remeron, trazadone (at night) and have had some good results with seroquel but I have no insurance and self pay and even the newly generic IR formulation runs about $260 a month. This is TOTALLY out of the realm of reasonableness for my wallet...

My question is this- I have recently (the past few months) been reading a lot about people with stories similar to my own that tried Adderall XR and have had amazing, life changing results. Has anyone else had any personal experience with using Adderall XR for social anxiety and also now that the XR is generic, would a reasonable (a question for my doctor, I know) doseage (I tend to read over and over that 20-30mgs XR 2xday seems to be the 'magic dose' {I also understand everyone's body works differently...this is at my doctors discretion}) be reasonable for my wallet? As long as it's less than $200 and really is effective as I seem to keep reading I'm all over it!

Any info, concerns, experieces, responses of any kind are very greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Old 09-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
(male)

scarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB User
Re: SSRI resistent GAD/Social anxiety

No dude i wouldnt recommend taking adderall xr for your anxiety issues, it honestly just makes you tense up more causing muscle spasms irregularly and often also stiff joints with bodily pain in your neck and back region. It will also create the sped up affect if you don't actually have add or adhd, which causes me to stress out even more because i can't really focus on anything im doing which makes me worry im not getting anywhere. You won't be able to eat properly on it, and will make it much more difficult to have bowel movements or urinate because of dehydration which you will more than likely get because putting anything on your stomach is usually tragic for me. So i wouldnt recommend it especially if youv had good results with seroquel because it's pretty much the exact opposite affect. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread