It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

Mary2012 HB User
Question Has anyone taken Cipralex ?

Hi Guys,
I was just given Cipralex by my doctor, 5 mg once a day for one week and then 10 mg once a day. I am on sick leave now, but I was hoping that I can return to work end of October. I would appreciate if someone who has taken it would let me know about the side effects. Do you think that the medication can prevent me from going back to work ?
Thank you,
Hope that there is a cure for every one of us, so we can leave our lives to the fullest!!
I am sorry that i am posting this twice-first time i posted to the "Heart desease" board.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
(male)

haffi112 HB User
Re: Has anyone taken Cipralex ?

I took Cipralex a few years ago (in 2006-2007 I think) because my psychiatrist thought I had bipolar disorder. I did not think it had any great effects on me but it made me remember my dreams better. I also don't remember any side-effects at all.

My bigger brother used cipralex for some time because he had severe depression and it helped him a lot though.

Good luck getting better!

The following user gives a hug of support to haffi112:
Mary2012 (09-25-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to haffi112 For This Useful Post:
Mary2012 (09-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
(female)

Mary2012 HB User

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I started it, but I don't feel great.
Do you remember by any chance how the coming off the pill went? I hear some "horror" stories.Thank you again. All the best to you!

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-25-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
(male)

haffi112 HB User

I quit the drug after reading these horror stories you mention (I do think that it's safe to quit the drug at any time though but you should always consult your doctor and gradually decrease your dose). I hadn't taken it for long enough for it to have any effects after I quit. I think you have to have taken it for more than a year to see that sort of reaction but don't quote me on that.

My bigger brother quit it by gradually taking less, sometimes he just forgot to take it one day and then maybe for two days. He didn't have any side-effects because of that which I am aware of.

The drug also works very slowly, you might not notice the effects but you could ask those around you whether they notice a difference in your mood/attitude e.g. It's definitely worth it if it works

Good luck!

Closed Thread