It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
(female)

Aem08 HB User
Can anxiety really cause this much pain? Help

Hello. I am 30 years old and I have had anxiety issues since childhood. Recently my anxiety has gotten worse. I am always exhausted from it and now over the past year I am in constant pain from it. Especially in my back/ upper neck. I get severe migraines, I grind my teeth and have tmj, I cannot drive at night due to the oncoming headlights bothering my sight, and I'm always so exhausted and I just feel spaced out. I get dizzy a lot and when I wake up I'm so stiff I walk down the stairs as if I'm 80. I've been to the dr who referred me to mental health. I do not want meds but I'm trying to do activities to relieve stress. I've had a difficult childhood and my husband is always deployed overseas which I manage but it's just constant stress and I just want to be Rested, pain free, and able to focus again.

The following user gives a hug of support to Aem08:
AnxiousNellie (09-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
(female)

Surfinsbetta HB User
Re: Can anxiety really cause this much pain? Help

I'm sorry if this isn't help. I can't answer your question but I can say that I have extreme physical symptoms a lot like yours plus I also feel copious amounts of adrenaline runnin through my body all of the time and sometimes it's hard to breathe. But the neck back and headaches I definitely have 24/7.

The Following User Says Thank You to Surfinsbetta For This Useful Post:
Aem08 (09-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
(female)

Aem08 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinsbetta View Post
I'm sorry if this isn't help. I can't answer your question but I can say that I have extreme physical symptoms a lot like yours plus I also feel copious amounts of adrenaline runnin through my body all of the time and sometimes it's hard to breathe. But the neck back and headaches I definitely have 24/7.
Sorry you are feeling this way too! But thanks for letting ne know that I'm not alone. It helps me feel that I am not crazy.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
(female)

zip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB User

Anxiety can definitely cause severe pain over time. Have you tried using a nightguard for the TMJ? I think that if you can get restful sleep perhaps your overall pain level will go down and you may feel less dizzy, etc. Try taking a multi-vitamin. Ask your doctor for some basic bloodwork and to check your blood pressure, sometimes anxiety, tiredness, dizzyness, headaches, etc. can be symptoms of certain health conditions that are easily treatable. Get a vitamin B12 level, CBC, electrolytes, CRP, ESR, creatinine, rheumatoid factor and ANA to start with - especially because you complain of morning stiffness.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
(female)

AnxiousNellie HB User
Smile Re: Can anxiety really cause this much pain? Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aem08 View Post
Hello. I am 30 years old and I have had anxiety issues since childhood. Recently my anxiety has gotten worse. I am always exhausted from it and now over the past year I am in constant pain from it. Especially in my back/ upper neck. I get severe migraines, I grind my teeth and have tmj, I cannot drive at night due to the oncoming headlights bothering my sight, and I'm always so exhausted and I just feel spaced out. I get dizzy a lot and when I wake up I'm so stiff I walk down the stairs as if I'm 80. I've been to the dr who referred me to mental health. I do not want meds but I'm trying to do activities to relieve stress. I've had a difficult childhood and my husband is always deployed overseas which I manage but it's just constant stress and I just want to be Rested, pain free, and able to focus again.
Yes it can. Stupid anxiety/stress can take such a toll on our bodies. I've been suffering from anxiety for the last 3 months or so and I've been in constant discomfort or pain ever since. Aside from the mental stress I've had plenty of physical symptoms And if it's not one thing, it's another: headaches, tense muscles, chest pain (that's the worst for me!), shortness of breath, muscle spasms, etc. Been checked out by doctors, I'm totally healthy-just like every other anxiety sufferer.

No you are not alone and not crazy! Anxiety is such a beast and can eat you alive. You will be in my thoughts! I hope we can all get through this together!

Closed Thread