It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
(female)

TheeJaytee HB User
Newbie here... Need help..?

Hey everyone. I've been dealing with anxiety for a while, but now I'm having some weird feelings and getting myself all freaked out.

I was just at the doctors yesterday, and she put me on buspar. But I've been having random pains shooting in my left abdomen, left shoulder, left side of my back, left side of neck, sometimes in my armpit, and down my left arm. I told her about the pain and she said that its probably just from anxiety, but she never looked into it further than just saying that. I was looking around on the Internet (bad idea, I know) and its talking about how lung cancer can cause pains in your shoulder and down your arm... And now I have myself all worked up to the point where I can't sleep or eat. My minds constantly racing and no matter what I do, it won't stop.

It's not like a constant ache or anything... It's just a shooting pain that comes and goes as it pleases... Anyone else experience this? Or something similar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
(female)

AnxiousNellie HB User
Re: Newbie here... Need help..?

Hey there,
I've been going through something similar. I've been having all sorts of physical pain due to anxiety, especially chest pains. Sometimes it's sharp shooting, sometimes it is just a tight feeling that also comes and goes whenever. I've been checked out by doctors, had stress test, bloodwork, EKGs etc. All came back ok.

Have you been to a doctor to get checked out yet? You may want to try getting an appointment to ease your mind. I bet you a million dollars though you are perfectly healthy. Usually all those "shooting pains" that anxiety sufferers feel are the muscles tensing up and or cramping.

Hope this helps. Feel free to keep in touch with me. I noticed you are in Ontario. Are you in Ontario, California or Canada?

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-26-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
(female)

TheeJaytee HB User

Hey thanks for the reply. No, I haven't been checked out yet. I'm going to go back this next coming week hopefully. Nice to know I'm not the only one who feels these pains.

Oh, and I'm from Ontario, Canada

Old 09-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
(female)

AnxiousNellie HB User

That's a good idea that you're going to the doctor. You definitely want to get a full physical just in case. But like I said, I betcha that you are totally healthy.

Too bad you're in Canada thought maybe if you were in Cali we could've been friends! Lol.

Hugs to you and hope you have an awesome day!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
(female)

TheeJaytee HB User

Yeah, gotta do it to keep my mind at ease aha I'm my own worst enemy sometimes.

Just cause I'm in Canada doesn't mean we can't talk though so cool that you're in Cali haha hugs to you and thanks again!

Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #6
(female)

AnxiousNellie HB User

"I am my own worst enemy" ain't that the truth!

haha and sorry, that being friends thing came out wrong, I just meant if you were in Cali we could've hung out sort of thing. But yes, we can still and talk and be internet buddies. I hope to talk to you soon. Keep me posted about your doctors appointment, or feel free to talk to me anytime

Take Care,

Closed Thread