It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
(female)

jeany123 HB Userjeany123 HB User
Unhappy cant take much more of feeling like this !

please help me only had 3 hours sleep , woke up feeling really anxoius and just worrying all the time i just feel so ill i feel hot and sweating i just feel im going crazy i just cant take much more i just feel my anxiety as got out of control how can i cope with the day feeling so bad im so scared i will never get better i see my doctor on friday but i feel like i cant cope a day longer feeling like this i know you not doctors but does anybody know any tablets i can ask for from the doctors what will make me feel better with my anxiety , i took some advice from other people on here tried doing my breathing but still my anxiety not getting any better still only have 3 hours sleep , but can anybody answer me this why do i feel alot better on a evening i go to bed thinking i feel alright and will be alright and will feel better then it wakes me up feel really really anxious and just worrying please help me is there anybody out there what feels just like me got to take my child to school and i feel so ill i feel like i cant cope feeling like this please help

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: jeany123
GatsbyG (09-29-2012), uknicnac (09-27-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
(female)

AnxiousNellie HB User
Re: cant take much more of feeling like this !

My heart and thoughts certainly go out to you. I know exaclty how you feel. Some mornings I wake up with my head pounding and my thoughts racing and I swear that someday they are going to lock me up in an asylum. Like you, I then get scared and feel scared all day long. It's awful and can be debilitating. My best advice to you is to carry on your life as if you didn't have anxiety. Don't avoid going out in public, or avoid anything else that makes you anxious. You'll only be giving your "anxiety monster" as I call it more food. In fact, I find that when I go out and do things, I am more rested since my mind is focused on other things. It's when I totally alone and not doing anything I am anxious and scared. As far as talking to your doctor, maybe consider going on some sort of SSRI (anti depressant). In the meantime, continue to do your deep breathing exercises-they take time to work, try to get in some exercise-exercise can help you sleep better and maintain a healthy diet-all these things can really help a lot.

I started Zoloft yesterday and was always prescribed xanax to take as needed. Xanax, valium or any other sort of tranquilizers are extremely helpful with anxiety and attacks, but do not last long and have a higher rate of dependency and therefore, abuse which is why most doctors prefer an SSRI.

If you need to talk, I am here for you

The Following User Says Thank You to AnxiousNellie For This Useful Post:
jeany123 (09-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
(female)

thanks so much for your repley its people on this anxiety board want gives us the hope to carry on , and knowing you not alone with all these crazy thoughts and feelings , you know that you said you on a ssri called zoloft well in england they have diffrent trade names is it sertraline or lustral its called ? because i will ask my doctor for this on friday , once again a big thanks .

Old 09-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
(female)

Skip4 HB UserSkip4 HB UserSkip4 HB User

Hi jeany,

Zoloft, Sertraline and Lustral are all the same thing. But your doctor is likely to know it by the name Zoloft anyway, because American medication names are really common. But I don't think you should ask your doctor for any specific kind of medication to begin with.

I think you should go in and talk to him about how you've been feeling and how it's affecting your ability to go about your day, then he will probably prescribe you the medication he feels will work best for your specific situation.

These kinds of long term medications have different side effects and affect people in different ways. For example I started on Avanza (which is a NaSSA) that was more likely to help me sleep and give me a bigger appetite because I couldn't get to sleep at night and I was losing weight due to anxiety. But now I am on Lexapro (which is an SSRI) which increases my energy while still treating my anxiety. When I first started taking Lexapro, my first time on an SSRI, I was bouncing off the walls, infact I think anxiety attacks are listed as one of the side effects of Lexapro... I don't know about other SSRI's or how any medication will affect you personally but we know you really don't need THAT side effect :| - For me, at this point in my life, it works great, but you are not me.

So hear your doctor out and see what he says, but one thing I would definitely ask for after listening to him is something like valium (once again, not necessarily valium but it is a common one so I'm using it as an example) like AnxiousNellie suggested. You're asking for a sedative. The kind of thing you only take if your anxiety is REALLY bad and only as needed because this kind of medication is addictive and will screw with your ability to say: drive a car because it'll make you really sleepy! So uhh... yeah if you get this kind of medication, take it for the first time probably over 8 hours before you need to drive anywhere just in case it works extremely well on you, if you have to take your kid to a sport or anything on Saturday maybe just arrange for someone else to give him/her a lift anyway, that way even though you'll probably be fine to drive, if you're still feeling drowsy there won't be any pressure for you to get behind the wheel.

If you're a mum I'm sure you're a busy person but while you're waiting for your appointment really try to keep yourself busy, it will help take your mind off how you're feeling. Going for a 30-40 minute walk would be good for you. While you're walking just try to only think about what you can see, hear, smell, what the weather is like etc. You'll get the good ol' endorphins going and hopefully the mindfulness will be a calming thing for you.

When I feel really bad because of anxiety one of the things that can help me chill out for a bit is the tv/movies... I just totally forget about what's around me and veg out giving my poor body and mind a bit of time to unwind. Easy for me though, I'm not a parent. - Also, this is a short term solution.. not a long term one.. watching tv/a movie is really avoiding how you're feeling and not dealing with it at all, which is extremely unhealthy in the long run, but if you have some time to spare before seeing your doctor, it might work as well for you as a short term fix as it does for me?

If you have a project or hobby you're working on dive head first into that.

If you think you can manage some meditation, definitely give it a go.

Things are going to get better for you especially once you've seen the doc. Just take it one day at a time. And always remember: You may feel absolutely terrible, but you ARE OK right now in this moment. You are not dying. I know it might sound silly that I am saying that but for me, I need to remind myself of this sometimes, especially when I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Last edited by Skip4; 09-27-2012 at 07:46 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skip4 For This Useful Post:
jeany123 (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Anxiety/Panic Attacks I've had them both.
I agree with the person who said, get out and about and if possible join a group for company. Being alone is when our mind plays it's worse. I joined an Art Group and cofee-morning groups and found I was so occupied in the company of others that I felt so much better.
In the evenings I found as many things as possible to occupy me.
I,m not saying one does not need medication, that would be wrong. I was on Xanax for a short time which helped a lot.
Each one has to look for that something which will help them, if you are waking in the night then a mild sleeping pill would help.
I also believe a pet, a dog or cat can thats if you like animals can be very theraputic.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
jeany123 (09-27-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
(female)

Smile Re: cant take much more of feeling like this !

Thanks everybody for your support went to doctors yesterday and told he how i was feeling and he put me on sertraline 50 mg i asked if there was anything i could take when my anxiety levels are really high but he said he would rather see how these work for me first he was so understanding with me and felt a huge weight had been lifted off me , it just says take one tablet a day is it best to take sertraline on a night or in the day time ? fingers crossed lets hope they work , sertraline what its called in england but its zoloft , once again thanks to everybody whos posted to me

Old 09-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I'm pleased to hear you have been prescribed some medication.
I hope it will help!!...
I was on Xanax for a short time and took mine at night as it helped me to get a good nights sleep.
I dont think it matters when you take it as it will work over the 24 hrs if its one tablet per day.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread