It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
(female)

aharris77 HB User
Health Anxiety after Car Accident. Freaking Out Right Now! *Possible Trigger*

Hello everyone,

I was in a car accident 10 days ago in which I sustained a collapsed lung. They used a catheter in the front of my chest, a breathing tube and a chest tube through my side to inflate my lung. Two days later, they sent me home even though I didn't want to go.

I've followed up and had an x-ray several days ago. They said my lung looked OK and that it is normal to have a lot of pain.

I have health anxiety anyway, and now it's really bad. I'm scared there is something wrong with my lung because it hurts so bad. But my roommate says if I couldn't breathe I'd feel a whole lot worse.

I don't want to keep running to the hospital for everything. So I thought I'd post here and try to stay calm. I am thinking about also going inpatient at the hospitals' mental section because I am so scared and depressed. I feel unsafe like I am more vulnerable to harm than normal people

Old 10-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
(female)

Momwithanxiety HB User
Re: Health Anxiety after Car Accident. Freaking Out Right Now! *Possible Trigger*

Have you talked to anyone about your anxiety?

I would think that given what you have been through that you will have pain from it until it is healed up.

I have health anxiety as well, every ache is something that is going to hurt me, that something is wrong with me.

You have been checked out, the doctor says you are ok, try to take that knowledge and calm the body. Not easy I know, but the alternative is to sit there and drive ourselves crazy with these thoughts.

If you haven't yet, talk to someone about your fears, even if it is a friend or family member. Sometimes they help bring you back to focus on what is going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread