It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #16
(female)

jeany123 HB Userjeany123 HB User
Re: anxiety got worse been on sertraline 9 days

Hi didnt beta blockers help with your anxiety because my doctor was going to put me on them at first but then he said he would see how sertraline would work for me first , my worst fear is taking my child to school my anxiety its the roof and i just want to get out of school as fast as possible and picking up from school is bad i get really anxious before i set off to pick him up , got to wait another 4 days to see the doctor still feel bad now them sertraline made my anxiety alot worse i know ive stop taking them but it still in my system cant wait until they totally out, i just want to feel normal again, and by the way i am 41 .

Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #17
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User

Hi these beta blockers have made me have circulation problems my feet are purlple all the time and some days really burn and hurt i have been taking them sixyears and have got worse on them.This new doctor has said i should never have been on them in the first place so i have all this on top of my anxiety.Im going to go back next week and tell them these tablets havnt worked cos he said i have to go on some kind of anxiety tablets to replace these beta blockers god knows wished id never had to start with any tablets.Are you ok at going out anywhere else apart from school

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #18
(female)

HI there, i dont like going anywhere on my own and if i do like taking my child to school because my husbands at work it makes my anxiety 100 times worse i cant stop in the house on my own since i went on sertraline i keep having to go to my mums because i keep thinking im going to pass out and die because i dont feel right all my stomach is churning all the time and keep worrying all the time i can go shopping but never on my own scared im going to pass out and die if i was on my own and since i started sertraline even i have stop it now keep thinking im dying all the time still feel like my eyes are all funny like i cant see right dont get mye wrong i wasnt right to start with thats why i went on tablets but i feel worse now than i did before starting sertraline im scared i will never feel normal again.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #19
(female)

No me as well i havnt been right for a couple of years buts its got worse definatly.I thought them sertaline were gonna help but i was so wrong.I just keep thinking that it wont get better.I feel like im never gonna go out again one day i will have to i manage to go out to the doctos and stuff but in a right state,we dont have a car so my husbands friend takes us i dont think there are many good doctors in barnsley really

Old 10-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #20
(female)

Hi how are you doing without your tablets are you still ok.Ive got an appointment with the practice nurse but not for over a week.Do you see the doctor tommorrow

Old 10-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #21
(female)

Hi cathy, yes i go to doctors today at 5.20 , feel better than i did on sertraline but i feel im back where i started when to pick my son up yesterday from school and i feel so bad my heart was beating fast and felt really nervous and i dont want to talk to other mums because i feel that bad im out of breath im feel so bad i wish i could just feel normal felt that bad like i was going to pass out and die i hate been like this , feel i dont know what the doctors going to do next because im scared if he puts me on another ssri i will feel like i did on sertraline or he might put me on beta blockers but you said they caused alot of other things so im not sureabout them didnt they help with your anxiety ? im just fedup of been like this nobody really knows how you feel unless you suffer with anxiety think people just think you feel abit nervous but it can take over your life , keep in touch its nice to know that we here for each other we have got to keep going its really hard but i wonder what tablets the doctors going to put me on next but i dont want to feel like i did when i was on them sertraline was a nightmare keep in touch

Old 10-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #22
(female)

Hi i will definatly keep in touch let me know what your doctors say to you tonight will you.I just thnk they dont understand what its all about really,i wish i could feel better than this i coulnt even take my daughter out last week when it was her birthday she was 21 and her dad went with her it is horrible.I hope there is an awnser somewhere out there

Old 10-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #23
(female)

Hi , been to doctors he said i shouldnt have felt that bad on sertraline i said it was stopping me sleepin as well said it should have made me sleep well i said it didnt i told him after 3 weeks i was getting worse so hes left me on Amitriptyline and i knew he would put me on beta blockers they are called propranolol hydrochloride they are half beta prograne said he put me on a low dose just take one a day but when i have read the leaflet what comes with it says with some medicines , side effects can occur when taken together with beta-prograne and half beta prograne capsules and it says a list and amitriptyline is one of them so its scared me now but the doctor knows im taking both so not sure if to take them now or not .

Old 10-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #24
(female)

Hi make no wonder we end up feeling like we do i dont know if i would want to take them or not either really.You would think he would know that you cant take them both together so maybe its ok.Do you think you could be starting to go through the perimenopause because i have been looking it up on here and it says if you are an anxious person perimenopause will make you even worse.Its worth lookng at im 45 and my anxiety has been getting worse my periods have been every 28 days since i was a teenager and now they are every 24 days so i have bought a menopause testing kit from boots to see

Old 10-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #25
(female)

HI cathy, i asked the doctor if it was safe to take together and he said yes then i read that on leaflet , i dont think he knows what to do next with me im a lost cause , im so fedup i just feel like its a waste of time going to doctors i hope i dont feel bad on these beta blockers because kids are off for a week and ive already had 3 weeks of hell on sertraline cant cope with feel worse than i already do , not sure if it is for me because mine is every 28 days except when i was on sertraline and i didnt even go that it was 21 days think my family gets fedup of me but nobody knows how bad it is when you got really bad anxiety you feel so on your own its only people whos got anxiety knows how you feel how its so powerfull its stops you living your life to the full , so glad ive got this healthboard to go on because you know you not alone i know everyones anxiety is diffrent but its all down to anxiety at the end of the day .

Old 10-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #26
(female)

I dont think familys do understand my husband does all the daily going to shop stuff for papers and if my daughter wants to go anywhere he goes with her my mother in law thinks im taking the mickey out of my husband i only told her once about t.I do all my grocery shopping online and order all my christmas presents cos the thought of going in a shop drives my proper shaky.I know im going to the doctors a week on tuesday but im in a state already.I try and make my appointment for when its not a busy time.Im going to see the practice nurse and explain to her and see if she comes up with anything

Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #27
(female)

HI cathy, i know its hard but the more you avoid it the harder it becomes thats why i still take my son to school because even though i feel really anxious and horrible im trying not to let the anxiety win i know its not easy i know somebody else who couldnt go out of the house and they went on seroxat (paroxetine) or in america they call it paxil i tried it once and it worked wonders for me with social anxiety they i tried it again after the birth of my son and it didnt work but if i was you i would try that if you not been on it before , did you take beta blockers for blood pressure or anxiety ? i took my first one today i feel abit tired but i feel more relaxed keep in touch a good luck for next week be thinking about you but seroxat (paroxetine) surpose to be good for for panic as well .

Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #28
(female)

Hi yes im on beta blockers for blood pressure ive being on 50mg for six years.They are called atenolol,since ive been on them all this has started my feet are always red and purple and my feet and legs throb all the time.Eight weeks ago we changed doctors and straight away they told me they dont even use thers tablets at their surgery they said they are bad but they cant just take me off them so they have reduced them down to 25mg.They put me on a 24 hour blood pressure monitor and said my blood pressures fine but i had being trying to tell my old doctor this for years as i have a blood pressure machine at home.I could tell im having withdrawls from them because for the last 8 weeks i have been worse i get up at 7 and takemy tablets at 10 and untill i take them i really shake but for the last 4 days that has stopped.Thats why the doctor put me on sertaline to replace these beta blockers so i cant come off these beta blockers yet

Old 10-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #29
(female)

Hi cathy, been of these beta blockers since saturday but they making me feel so tired and spaced out feeling like im not really here i dont know if its because im taking them with my amtriptyline but simple things like putting washing in washing machine is taking it out of me did your beta blockers make you feel like that i know my a diffrent ones to yours mine are called propranolol hydrochloride but i could stop in bed all day , when do you go back to the doctors ? good luck and hope you feeling abit better now .

Old 10-30-2012, 04:42 AM   #30
(female)

Hi yes beta blockers are known for making you feel tired and on another planet.I used to stop up till late but since being on these im ready for bed really early last night i went to bed at half past nine.I feel like that all the time like you cant be bothered to do anything i just look at the pots in sink and think oh il do them later but i just forcemyself to do them its awful.Is your husband understanding about it all where are your doctors mine are up cudworth do you know where that is

Closed Thread