It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 01:34 AM   #46
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User
Re: anxiety got worse been on sertraline 9 days

Hi its not getting any better is it this is my 9th day off beta blockers i had to go to the doctors on wednesday i was shaking from head to toe and to make it worse they forgot about me well the nurse i was seeing didnt have any patients that afternoon so she didnt look and they had booked me in to see her so i was even worse.Im shaking like im freezing all the time.They do say that once you get to 40 your anxiety can get worse due to coming to perimenopause.I have seen that a lot of women are taking magnesium for anxiety and they are feeling better about it.I do wonder if its worth trying im going to mention it to the doctor and see what he says.I think im even shakier withdrawing from these beta blockers as well.Are you starting your christmas shopping yet how many children have you got.Mine are grown up but still live at home there 21 and 25 so i still like to get them something i used to love christmas.Write back anyway and let me know how your getting on at least its friday so you have 2 days off the school run

Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 AM   #47
(female)

jeany123 HB Userjeany123 HB User

HI there , well i have had terrible weekend i was sat in the car the other day witn my son waiting on my husband walking the dog because it was raining and this funny feeling come me like i felt like i was going to collaspe and die like i felt not there it really scared me i thought i was going to die feeling like i was going to go in a coma or something same time of feeling i got when i went on sertraline and i ve got my child off school today got a sore throat and still in bed and ive just had a funny do again like i was going to pass out a die im really scared now dont know if its the beta blockers whats causing it dont had to phone my husband up because i was so scared . im not getting any better im getting worse ive broke down crying because im scared was wqrong with me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2012, 03:07 AM   #48
(female)

Well it is very funny that you say that but while ive been on beta blockers that i how was for about 2 years excactly how you describe.I think ive told you before as soon as i found out they had to leave me in house thats just what was happening i felt safe if my husband was in and i felt safe with my son but my daughter has the attitude oh you will be ok stop being a dram queen dont get me wrong shes lovely but really tough with me she will leave me downstairs and go in her bedroom where as my husband and son will stay in the room with me.But since ive come off beta blockers that parts not as bad like now my husbands gone to dentist and my sons gone out its just me and my daughter im shaky but i always am but the feeling of passing out and doing to die is not here so i dont know if it is beta blockers or not it seems like it to me.I would like start to throb in my head and then it seemed like it was getting dark and then my heart would pound and i would feel all funny like this was it i hope it it the tablets and you can get over it but it does seem funny now you are on these and they do take a few weeks to get in your system and i cried a lot while taking the its like a fear of panic

Old 11-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #49
(female)

I there , its seems funny that you felt like that when you was on them , and i didnt have no panic attacks before taking them i could stop in the house on my own , only the other tablet what made me feel like that was them sertraline , started on them and after 3 days they made me feel like that , i know it sounds silly but i feel worse with my anxiety now before than i did before starting any tablets i could stop in the house on my own ive been going to my mums everyday since ive been on these beta blockers they surpose to help anxiety not make you feel worse i thought i was going to die i had to hold on to the walls to go and get my mobile to phone my husband its so scary , cant understand everything i take seems to be making me feel worse when betablockers are surpose to be good for anxiety but they making me have panic attacks , im sure its the beta blockers but when i tell the doctor you will say it cant be and look at me like im crazy or something , that feeling was horrible like i was going to die and there was nobody to help me i have even unlocked the door incase i pass out and die so someone can come in iwas so scared.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #50
(female)

ido think its definatly them beta blockers ive been on them for six years and like i say dont get me wrong im very shaky and i had that before my beta blockers but this feeling of horrible as soon as it comes to the time when they were going out and leaving me was horrible sometimes they couldnt go my heart would really pound my body would start throbbing and then it seemed to get darker and then i thought i was going to pass out i couldnt even get in bath on my own im not saying im better far from it but i cant believe ive been off my tablets 2 weeks now and my husbands gone out again today and so far im ok ive just been outside to my next door neighbour and normally when they go out i cant speak to anyone.Have you got more than one doctor at your surgery could you go and see a different one,this new one i have joined it took me a bit and i saw 3 doctors before i found one i washappy with

Old 11-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #51
(female)

HI , i wasnt right to start with thats why i went to doctors but never had that feeling of passing out and dying that feeling come on me after 3 days on sertraline they soon as i stop it it went away now im on a beta blockers the feeling started up really bad after been on them 3 weeks it started at the weekend i feel abit like in a dream world as well and my mums just phoned me to see if im ok and ive broke down crying saying that im not right without tablets but with im even worse and i just cant stop crying and i will never get better , theres only 2 doctors at mine and im seen the best one because other doctor is really nasty , i feel like theres nothing working for me and i will never get better.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #52
(female)

Hi i only had one doctor and he was nasty.But i would just like to say it does state on all the reasearch that once you get to 40 and start to have beta blockers your anxiety becomes worse because you could be going through the perimenopause without even knowing it and even though ive been on these beta blockers 6 years i only started bad 2 years ago where i wouldnt go out of the house i do think its all connected somewhere my doctor has done an hormone test on me im waiting for the results and they also make you weepy you need to write down what days you are crying and feeling like this.It might sound daft but i write it down every month the day i start my period and then on my 14 day im always weepy and funny.Like today is my 20th day and ive just beng crying at a tv advert i wouldnt have done that last week i also have a week in the month where all my illnesses seem worse its worth writing iit all down

Old 11-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #53
(female)

Hi , i think you right about perimenopause my mother in law thinks its to do with it i am 41 now and im on my period now and im at my worst these last few days been so bad , did you just stop dead with your beta blockers? i think im just going to have to carry on taking them until i see the doctor a week on friday , got this dying thing in my head now that tablets are not working because ive got something wrong with me or im going crazy im so fed up of feeling like this , but its so funny i do feel better as the day goes on im at my best on a evening and ive started waking up early and just dont feel right at all , i just think not another day feeling like this , thanks for your good advice .

Old 11-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #54
(female)

davis0504 HB User
Re: anxiety

Ladies I have read your postings and I can relate to most of what you are saying but not all. I was just recently diagnosed with severe test and social anxiety. I was prescribed Celexa and Xanax and also Ambien. Today was my 3 week check up. I told my doctor I wanted off the Xanax. It makes me feel spaced out like I am drunk. I can't think straight and I need to have a clear mind and be able to concentrate on tests/exams. He changed me from Xanax to Propanonol? It's a beta blocker. He told me I didn't have to take the beta blocker every day, only the day before a big test and the day of the test. It blocks my physical symptoms, bye bye stomach cramping in a knot, bye bye shaking hands and racing heart but I still have anxiety on the inside. I still get scared to death when I do a test. My doctor said some anxiety is good for you. I wish I didn't have it but it is mine to own until I can figure out how to cope with my fears and let go of them. (maybe never). Anyway, I know that beta blockers do not take weeks before they build up in your system enough to work properly. They being working within 24 hours. Benzo's such as Xanax on the other hand take weeks (4 to 6) before they actually reach a benefical level in the brain to help inhibit the reciptors and give you any relief of anxiety. I wish there was an easy fix for us all but they all indicate it will take a lot of time and energy before we get this thing under control. Group therapy is my next step. I go to one tomorrow. Good luck to you gals....and god help us!

Old 11-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #55
(female)

Hi davis thanks for sharing your information.Jeany you said you had had a real bad weekend,write it down get yourself a little book and put the date down and what happened to you that day.You said you are having your period now what day did you start it it seems funny to me its tuesday today so obviously the weekend was your time.Ialways write it down like today is my 20th day and i have been coming on on my 24th day.I have got up today very shaky and palpatations ive wrote it down i always feel worse at ths time of the month.If we can accosiate yours as well then its a step forward do you drink a lot of coffee ive tried cutting mine down i was a big coffee drinker now i just have 3 cups a day in a real small cup.Its a long road but hopefully we can sort it out look on the menopause boards on here you wll be suprised how many sound like us

Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #56
(female)

Re: anxiety

Hi , thanks for your reply i know the doctor told me that they would work straight away , i am on the same propranolol 8omg what dose do you take ? the doctor told me to take it everyday , but ive started having like panic attacks which i didnt have before feeling like im going to pass out and die its horrible and i feel like in a dream world since ive been on them but i know tablets can affect people diffrent ive read the leaflet and for anxiety i should be on 160mg .

Old 11-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #57
(female)

Hi cathy, yes my period was on sat , woke up feeling horrible not myself at all , im at my worst in a morn and my son still off school poorly , i still feel really scared of been in the house just me and my son on our own im scared i could pass out and die when my sons been at school ive been going to my mums alot but because my sons poorly i cant go but i feel so scared its horrible feeling i didnt wamt my husband to go to work this morn but at night time i pick up and feel great cant understand it why i cant feel like that in a morn and in the day time i go to bed thinking im getting better and then wake up early feeling horrible i do drink coffee but its decaf i drinks lots of it , do you feel alot worse in a morn or do you feel same all day? im not trying not to think about feeling like im going to pass out and die it was terrible feeling wouldnt wish it on anybody im scared i will never feeling normal again keep in touch.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-16-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:19 AM   #58
(female)

I definatly feel worse in the mornig=ng for about 4 hours i have got an appointment at doctors next week and its half 8 at morning ive never had one at that tim so its definatly going through my mind cos im very shaky on a morning and i calm down as day goes on.It most probably has got something to do with your periods i would say normally my last day of my period is bad as well and then it all starts again after my 14th day.Ive switched to decafe coffee and i think i can drink loads now but i still dont want to drink too much ive had 4 today already which i dont normally do and my heart is beating really fast.Isnt it funny how all this is worse on a morning but then gets a bit better as day goes on

Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 AM   #59
(female)

HI cathy, feel terrible this morn again , soon as i wake up i get this obsessive worrying thoughts about my self that i dont feel right and ive got a whole day in house because my son not right cant stop worrying about everything and i get a horrible sinking feel in my stomach i dont need to get up because my son is still off school poorly but if i stop in bed i feel even worse just lay there worrying about my self cant understand why im taking amtriptyline and beta blockers and its not helping me , and like ive said before why do i feel so bad in a morning and as the day goes on i get better and wonder why that is , i go to bed feel good and wake up feeling bad again im so fed up .

Last edited by Administrator; 12-16-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #60
(female)

Hi ive been up snce half 7 im shaky my hearts beating fast and i feel bad everybody else was in bed but my husband got up at 8 which was a relief but im still shaky but like you say it will get better as the day goes on it is strange i got up panicing about things all rushing round my head wondering why i feel worse coming off my beta blockers after2 weeks i think im just getting the side effects i took my blood pressure yesterday and it was 117/101 and my pulse was 107 so ive been thinking about that all morning im supposed to take it every day but i darnt take it now so im just making that worse.God knows what my husband thinks hejust keeps saying stay calm its easy for him its me its happening to not him

Closed Thread