It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #61
(female)

jeany123 HB Userjeany123 HB User
Re: anxiety got worse been on sertraline 9 days

HI , my husband says the same things to me i said why do i feel so bad in a morning and im taking tablets thats surpose to help me and he says look ive told you what to do think postive but i said how can you think postive when i feel so bad its easy for you to say that you havent got it nobody knows how bad you feel its really hard to explain ,i think if my husband felt like me he would be phoning for a ambulance , i just feel so stuck i know my husband trying to help me but its not that easy i wake up and there it is feeling terrible and i think not another day feeling like this i feel so panicky i dont want my husband to go to work because i feel that bad my friend cant understand why tablets are not working because she felt like me and went on tablets and felt better but when i go on them they seem to make me worse ive got over a week to wait to see the doctor but i dont know what he going to do its worrying me because nothings working for me and i hate been in the house feel like this .

Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #62
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User

How have you been today,i having some bad withdrawls today from these beta blockers ive learnt today that beta blockers work your heart so when you come off them your heart has to learn to start working itself again so thats why im having these palpatations and going breathless so the longer you are on them the worse it is.So its all going off at the minute have you been ok with just you and your son,i will say being left on my own since ive been off these beta blockers isnt half as bad i dont get that passing out feeling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #63
(female)

HI cathy, not been good i got that feeling like i was going to collaspe and die again it was horrible , i had anxiety before but i never had that feeling until starting with beta blockers i had it once when i went on sertraline but im getting one nearly all the time dont get me wrong my hearts not beating as fast on beta blockers but im getting this feeling im going to pass out and die its horrible and i wake up feel really terrible but like ive said before i start feeling better as the day goes on im fine now still cant understand why im so bad in a morning , another thing ive notice is ive feel abit in a dream world with these beta blockers did you feel like that when you was on them ? i know everybodys diffrent , get ready i go to bed feel good a wake up feel bad a horrible scared sinking feeling and horrible negative thoughts what wont go away in the morn ,what i cant understand is beta blockers can be used for anxiety but why do i feel that scared feeling on them like im going to die and im scared of stopping in house now i never had that before it was just doing social things outside my house what was hard but know ive got that feeling im going to pass out and die and dont want to stop in house on my own , hope you will feel better soon from your withdrawl of beta blockers .

Old 11-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #64
(female)

Hi jeany you are describing excactly how i have been on beta blockers not being left in the house alone like i said if my husbands in im fine ive had spells where ive said to him just sit with me feel funny.I couldnt even go upstairs and get in bath unless someone was upstairs but for the last 2 weeks ive been going upstairs and getting in bath.Its either them beta blockers or permenopause thats just creeping up on you all at the same time.See if you start to feel better in the next few days and then it could just be your periods and then you should be able to have an hormone test.But these beta blockers are horrible really they have stopped me doing lots of things this last 2 years.Its hard to understand why you start to feel better as the day goes on just like me its wierd if my husband was going anywhere i tried to get him to go in the afternoon when started to feel better hopefully we will both get sorted out soon.Have you only got one son

Old 11-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #65
(female)

HI cathy , had a really bad day today feelings like i cant get my breath and really scared feeling im going to collaspe and die and it happend a few times at my mums house its a horrible feeling and this came on me when i started on beta blockers but i thought they was surpose to help with anxiety before i just had anxiety going to school but now i keep getting this horrible feeling like im im going to die im so scared what is wrong with me its like when i go on tablets they are making me worse but im not right without them , ive just come back from my mums i just keep getting these scary feelings that im going to pass out and die , im not sure if it is the beta blockers or amtriptyline or is it just me , im so scared , hope you feeling better? by the way ive got 2 sons my other son is 15 .

Old 11-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #66
(female)

Thats just how i felt on them betablockers all the time you want to type name of your betablockers on here and i bet theres lots of people with the same as you its awful iisnt it.I have got to say ive been off mine 16 days today and even though so far its not been an easy ride that is the one thing thats stopped happening to me so far.my nurse told me when you are on them betablockers for every 3 beats of your heart the betablocker puts a false beat in thats what causes breathlessness why do we have to have those tablets.I think you need to tell your doctor they are not suiting you,im hoping i never have to have betablockers again my legs are really hurting me at minute its horrible there burning painful godknows what it is

Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #67
(female)

HI , doctor put me on them for to calm me down when i was taking my son to school and picking him up said it would help with anxiety but all its done is make me have something else now , i told him i was really anxious doing social things and he said these would help ive been on them 5 weeks now but this feeling like im going to pass out only starte few weeks ago not straight away that why i was not sure if it was the beta blockers causing this , but i will have a look what people said about beta blockers , im so scared because nothings working for me and everything i try im worse now im thinking thers something really wrong with me because nothings working i feel like a lost cause.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #68
(female)

Hi how are you today im vey shaky but due to have my period so im blamiing that reallyi fely awful when i got up palpatations my heat beating fast felt sick and really shaky just wished it would go.My husband and daughter were up so i was glad about that.I still dont feel right really but like i say im due to come on so i think thats got something to do with it

Old 12-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #69
(female)

Hi , woke up about 8 clock felt like a zombie think thats with taking amtriptyline and beta blockers then got a bad sinking feeling but tried to think postive took dog for a walk with my husband and son felt not my self but just really tried again not to think about me went to town was really busy because of that christmas market felt abit panicky but again put it out of my mind its not easy when you dont feel yourself then after town went to toys r us then on way to wakefield in car it came over me i couldnt breathe like i couldnt get my breath felt like i was going to pass out and die my heart dosnt beat fast or anything its like i cant breathe and loss touch with reality told my husband said dont be scared of it , but i said if you felt like me you would be , said do you want to go home but i said no went in toys r us and i seem to pull round after a while , but when i read some posts what you told me look on about propranolol alot says its great for panic attacks but im sure its them whats making me have a type of panic attack they should help with anxiety not make it worse ive been on them 5 weeks and these not be able to breath feeling and passing only started last week so i dont know if its the amtriptyline or the beta blockers or its me whos causing it my husband thinks its the way im thinking whats bringing it on , but its a horrible feeling i thought this is it im going to die this time i dont know whats wrong with me but i never have a good day i dont know what to do scared i will never feel right again i look at other people today thinking why am i like this fedup of feeling like this day in day out , its only at evening time when i start to feel a little better but on a morn its terrible just want to go back to myself i feel ive lost me but what i cant understand is the beta blockers stop my heart beating fast so i thought you only get panic attacks if your hearts beating fast and feel anxious , anyway i go back to see the doctor next fri so see what he thinks but its funny that you said that beta blockers made you feel like that , im fedup everything i try makes me feel worse then i start worrying that its not anxiety because tablets whats good for anxiety makes me even worse .

Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #70
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

Cathy and Jeany, Please let me tell you how bad I feel for the pain and suffering that you are going through. I would like to offer my input in hopes that it helps you a bit. I, like the two of you, suffer severe anxiety and panic attacks and are on beta blockers (Bystolic). Your description of what you are going through echoes in how I feel and what I am going through. My doctor put me on beta blockers because of mild hypertension. I regret having taken beta blockers due to its side effects.
Cathy, I am so proud of you for having the strength to get off of the BB. I tried three times to get off of them and failed. I am on my fourth attempt to get off of them and it looks like this could be the one where I succeed. This time, I weaned off of them by cutting my dose in half every two weeks until I was on crumbs. Of course, I did it under my doctor’s supervision. I then took the BB every other day for two weeks. I think that doing it this way is less of a shock on the body/heart. My previous times I weaned off in a shorter time and experienced the same symptoms as you (rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure, severe anxiety) to where I had to take it again to regain some normality. In another post I had read that taking Xanax for panic attacks while coming off of beta blockers improves your chances and it has for me. I try not to take the Xanax but when I am at my worst I take a pill and it calms my anxiety and also lowers my blood pressure.
Jeany, beta blockers are known to help with anxiety but do not have the same effectiveness as an anxiety medication. I know how afraid you are of SSRIs but have you discussed with your doctor the option to add another medication? I know that it can be frightening but sometimes taking one at a very low dose (even crumbs of it) can help your body get used to it without the side effects. Of course, it won’t have the same effect as taking the full dose but sometimes combining two drugs can work best than one at a large dose. One of the benefits of BB is that it also lowers the heart pulse. This can be good because it calms the body down, but it can also be bad because if it lowers it too much it can make you pass out. Beta blockers as a side effect can make you dizzy. They did to me. I also have the worst headaches because of it and am unable to sleep. I will offer some suggestions to you that you may want to consult with your doctor: Some people are able to get the most from their medicine by changing the time of day when they take their medicine. It can make a difference between night and day. Some people are able to sleep more restfully and lessen its side effects if they take it at night where others get the most benefit and feel best when they take it in the morning. Sometimes splitting the medicine in two helps get the most of it. Let’s say you are taking 160mg a day. Splitting the medicine where you take 80mg in the morning and 80mg in the evening may give you better results and in doing so, you are still taking the full dose so you are not putting yourself in peril. Have you given any thought to your diet? Coffee, tea, cola drinks, heavy meals, smoking, and alcohol make anxiety much more severe. If you drink or do any of the aforementioned, maybe you can help yourself by eliminating it from your diet. One more thing, please look into taking Magnesium Citrate (not magnesium oxide). It helps to calm you down, it helps with the pain that you are feeling in the legs, the hot flashes, and will help with some of the chest pains and stomach discomfort that beta blockers cause. If you search posts on magnesium, you will see that it helps in so many ways that it will amaze you. As for social anxiety, you may want to try putting on headphones and listening to your favorite music while going to public places. I read somewhere that the brain will associate the good feeling that you get when you listen to your favorite music and will help normalize or lessen the anxiety. It worked for me years ago when I had a mild case of social anxiety (being at malls, going to the movies, at the park, etc). I would visit when there was not that many people, then after I learned to cope, I visited the same place when it was full of people, and being familiar with the environment, I was able to overcome my anxiety.
Please know that you are not alone and that what you are feeling is felt/suffered by others who are also looking to get better and who hope for one day to be pain free and to be “normal” again. Sorry for the long post by the way.

The Following User Says Thank You to Seekingpeace12 For This Useful Post:
jeany123 (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #71
(female)

Hi seekingpeace how long was you on betablockers for and how long have you been withdrawing from them.For what reason are you coming off them is it the same reason as u that they make you feel worse.Is this magnesium to help with shakiness and the menopause i have read so many posts of people taking magesium but there is so many diffferent ones out there its hard to find the right one thats the reason im asking how do you know which one to take.Jeany when you go to the doctors you are going to have to tell him how you feel on these betablockers i know its hard as you feel he wont be happy.Thats what i used to think but my doctor wouldnt listen to me anyway thats why i plucked up the courage to change doctors and luckily this one listened to me he told me the betablocker i take atenolol they dont even perscribe it at their surgery its what works for you and obviously its not working for you.If you feel they are not helping you could you change doctors at all.It really is horrible not knowing what to do ive woke up this morning shaky and felling horrible and scared,i dont know if its perimenopausal or my withdrawl from the tablets it just dosnt seem to be getting any better hope your feeling better today jeany how many milogramme of betablocker are you on

Old 12-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #72
(female)

HI cathy, if it helps i woke uo at 7 clock feel shocking a really bad sinking feel and feel so scared just feel like a zombie dont feel myself at all feel that bad its so hard to even put the washing in the machine , i cant stop in bed because i lay there worrying about myself not feel right i try to think to myself its only anxiety but it seems to over power me because i feel that bad i just feel so scared and alone my husband will say well how do you feel and i say its really hard to describe how im feeling but i know i feel scared and alone and what worrys me more everything i try like when i went on sertraline doctor said its a great ssri its really good for anxiety he did say i would feel worse before i felt better but i stuck it 3 weeks and i was getting worse on it i should have started to kick in but it made me ill , so im thinking is it anxiety , im on 75mg of amtriptyline and 80 mg of propranolol hydrochloride 80mg take amtriptyline on a night beta blocker in a morning , so i dont know if its the amtriptyline or beta blocker whats making me feel worse or its taking them together or its just me way i keep thinking , my husband says i ve told you what to do dont keep telling yourself how bad you feel tell yourself you feel great , but its really hard to do well your heads telling you diffrent , but what i stii cant understand i feel better on a night i go to bed thinking tablets are working wake up back to been bad do you still feel better later on evening time ? just cant understand why nothing working for me and it scares me that i will never get better, are you taking anything for your anxiety ? i keep looking at other people and i want to be them because i feel so bad i keep thinking why cant i be like that laughing and joking its a living hell feel this bad.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #73
(female)

Hi thats how them betablockers got me it will be 2 years in april that they started making me feel worse.I couldnt even be bothered to put the washing in.Im supposed to be making 2 christmas cakes and i keep saying im going to.But my legs throb and burn and i find iit hard to stand up on my legs for long.This morning they are on fire ive always blamed these beta blockers for this but im waiting to see if it stops as ive been off them 3 weeks on wednesday.Ihave an appointment at doctors on tuesday morning at half eight and ive never hadone that early so im in a state aboutthat i will have to get up at least 6 so i will have come round a bit i hope.Its horrible my feet are constanly freezing but burning this was a side effect of my atenolol.Non im not on no medication for anxiety just tried them sertaline im no good with tablets at all

Old 12-02-2012, 03:35 AM   #74
(female)

HI cathy , i hope you feeling better when you see the doctor, i think if you been oin beta blockers a long time they will take a least a month for your body to get them out of your system hope yoy get it sorted when you go back to doctors , did you feel like like out of it when you first woke like you had been drinking like the night before when you was on beta blockers i keep worrying all the time just little things what i shoudnt worry about , and seeking peace said i could half my beta blocker but i cant because they capsules it was nice of him to reply to us least somebody else knows how we feel i go back on friday to see doctor i wish i could say i feel better but i dont i think he wont know what to do next i think hes going to lose it with me ,my hands and feel really cold and it only happened when i went on beta blockers , well im going to force myself out again , do you still get better as the day goes on still or are feeling the same allday ?

Old 12-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #75
(female)

Hi everybody was commenting how cold my hands and feet were on them betablockers and they are red and purple all the time.I always felt like a zombie i always said to my husband it dosnt feel like im walking in a straight line at all they took over my life for so long im hoping that they will be out of y system soon.I just want to feel normal again but thats what these doctors are here for to make us better so im starting to think lets just tell them excactly what we feel
.I had been saying i was swapping doctors for the last 2 years and never got round to it,are you going out anywhere nice i wished i could i just shake if i think about going out me

Closed Thread