It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 AM   #76
(female)

jeany123 HB Userjeany123 HB User
Re: anxiety got worse been on sertraline 9 days

HI , just going for our dinner not matter how ifeel its not stopping me from going out if it means me passing out infront of people , i havent come come off the beta blockers yet going to wait until see my doctor on fri but i havent took one yet going to wait until i eat something i feel shocking but im going to have to carry on its bad enough coping with yourself never mind looking after a family , anyway hope to speak to you soon and we will get better we cant whatever it is beat us , when you feel bad like i do i just think we not on our own peoples just feeling ,like us .

Old 12-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #77
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User

Hi what time do you normally take your beta blocker and what time are you planning on taking on today you might get some palpatations untill you take it let me know how you get on with it i hope you enjoy your dinner

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #78
(female)

Hi cathy,well been to morrisons for our dinner and took my beta blocker but didnt get that horrible feeling that i was going to collapse and die or got out of breath , so glad still feel really spaced out and worrying about myself but at least i didnt have horrible feeling like i cant breathe so its been a better day no way am i right but i always feel better on a night time still dont know why that is and im terrible in a morn , how have you been ? hope you have been better , are you still alright been left in house on your own ? i keep having to go to my mums in the week when i see my husband going to work i hate it knowing im all on my own and when kids are at school i feel like a child but i wasnt like that before starting beta blockers i wasnt right with my anxiety but i could stop in house on my own but beta blockers surpose to help anxiety its weird , i normally take beta blocker in a morn but took it around 1 clock today i know you surpose to take it at the same time everyday but id not had no breakfeast and i take it with food so thats why i took it at dinner.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #79
(female)

So glad you were ok yes m still ok been left in house my legs are so shaky though its horrible ive made a christmas cake this afternoon i forced my self to do it my heart was having palpatations but thats what they say your heart has to start doing all the work itself when you come off beta blockers im a lot better as day goes on just like you mornngs are horrific i cant understand why really

Old 12-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #80
(female)

so pleased for you , you are doing so well i know coming off beta blockers are really bad so we both had a positive day , its just the mornings now fingers crossed.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #81
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

Cathy, in June of this year I began to take beta blockers because my blood pressure was 136/87. My primary doctor prescribed Metoprolol succinate XL (50 mg) my health went downhill from there. I started to get debilitating headaches, dizziness, vertigo, muscle twitches all over the body, especially the legs. I started to lose my memory. For example, I started to forget my relative’s names, the names of items so I would describe it by its function (like trying to describe a watch). My esophagus valve which is affected by BB started to leak acids to my esophagus which gave me chest pains, a cough, tooth aches, and TMJ. This has landed me in the ER three times because I thought that I was having a heart attack. My ears started to get stuffed and I developed a constant ringing in the ears. My vision got worse and worst of all; I started to feel anxiety, panic attacks and depression. It was weird that a medicine that is prescribed for anxiety would give me anxiety. The doctor changed me to Bystolic (5mg) and it got a little better but still suffered from most of the ailments. I started to do tons of research and started to cure myself along with the help of my doctor. I changed my eating habits, no more spicy foods, no citrics, no soft drinks, and started to cook myself so I could control what was added to the food. Something interesting; I noticed that most of the symptoms went away the first time I tried to stop the BB but then on the fourth day I had the worst panic attacks and my blood pressure and heart rate went through the roof. I had to take the BB again. Now that I have stopped taking the beta blockers my memory is coming back, and the eye doctor has fixed my eye. I still feel vertigo and dizziness but not so much or that often. The twitching has stopped for the most part except when I get anxiety or a panic attack. The anxiety, panic attacks and depression are still affecting me a lot to where my upper lip starts to shake uncontrollably when a panic attack is coming. I am currently not taking any anxiety medicine except for .25mg of Xanax which I take when I am at my worst. So far I’ve only taken four pills in six months. My doctor prescribed Amlodipine to help me cope with getting off of the beta blockers but even a quarter of a 5mg pill will give me the worst anxiety and I feel like I want to jump out of my skin, so I stopped taking it after the first pill. I see my doctor again in three days and will discuss taking something else because my anxiety is worse now that I am off of the beta blockers. I guess it’s my body adjusting to being without the BB. As for the magnesium, I found that most magnesiums work well except for magnesium oxide. It seems like magnesium oxide is not absorbed as well by the body as other magnesiums. I take magnesium citrate but there are more, for example; magnesium chelated with glycine and lysine, and other magnesiums that are combined with calcium, potassium, and zinc. You may want to talk to your doctor about them or even a pharmacist. I found that pharmacists are an invaluable resource for medicine questions and most are happy to talk to you and are readily available where a doctor could be days or weeks before you can talk to them. I have a backpack which I carry with me everywhere I go and have it next to me when I sleep. I carry in it my Xanax, my blood pressure monitor, Maalox, Gaviscon, and just yesterday I added the DGL for the stomach problems. I use it sort of as my safety blanket. It helps me to know that if the anxiety or panic attacks get real bad, that I can take my blood pressure and my emergency medicine right away. I guess it is my way to cope with the symptoms.

Last edited by Seekingpeace12; 12-02-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #82
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

Jeany, have you talked to your doctor about seeing a Psychiatrist? The way a heart patient sees a cardiologist, people with anxiety or depression visit Psychiatrists. They are better suited to work with a patient on anxiety and depression problems and are more familiar with the medicines that work best, including what is called “cocktails” which are different medicines combined together to get the best of each. You may also want to call the hospitals in your area and see if they have group counseling sessions. I live in a large metropolitan area and most hospitals here have them weekly. I am so thankful to have this board to help me with my problems and I am sure that it has helped you too. Well, imagine being able to meet with other people in person who are also going through the same thing. Anxiety and depression is more common than we think. Specially in this time and age where many people are so stressed because of the economy, financial problems, health issues and stuff. Most allow spouses to come with for support. Maybe if your husband heard from others what you are going through he may get a better understanding of the nightmare that you are living inside. I have a very supportive wife and I can tell you that she is the reason why I get up every day. I find strength in her and her love for me.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #83
(female)

Hi jeany we do sem to have been ok today i just wished my seet would stop burning and hurting sometimes it feels like i have gout and today there itching and burning like chillblains and it going up oast my ankles my legs are so weak to stand on them for a bit hurts i do hope it is one off the effects of my atenolol and its going to goi hope so cos i cant walk very far this is scary sometimes,Im going to see what the doctor says on tuesday because i had a blood test to see if these betablockers have put acid in my feet from the acid reflux.Seekingpeace thank you for sharing your story it doeshelp when you here other peoples storys on what they have gone through themselves.Obviosly me and jeany are going through it at the minute and do need help and support she has had a good day which im really pleased for her and she always comes on here and gives me support even though shes going through it herself

Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #84
(female)

Hi cathy, not good again woke up at 2 in the morn all negative thoughts going round i my head that i dont feel like my self stomach churning i just feel ill how much longer do i have to carry on feeling like this think i feel worser now than i did before starting tablets i just feel im just going to send me crazy had 3 hours sleep i wake up and its all there dont feel like me anymore really anxious just dont feel right but as the day goes on i feel better so scared i will never get better just want to go back to how i was , how are you ?i feel so scared alone when everybodys asleep accept me but i feel that bad i have to wake my husband up what is wrong with me ? is this anxiety or am i going crazy ? so scared.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 AM   #85
(female)

Hi i wasnt good this morning dont know why i got up at 7 proper shaky and thought i was going to pass out.I got my husband up cos i didnt want to be on my own it was horrible im seeming to think this is something to do with my periods cos like i say im due to come on its calming down a bit down im starting to feel a bit better dont know how im going to cope having to go out so early in morning im going to have to up at 5

Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #86
(female)

Hi, cathy, how did you go on at the doctors ? hope you got things sorted with doctor be thinking of you , had a horrible day again wish i could feel right .

Old 12-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #87
(female)

Hi jeany not good really im hormone tests came back inconclusive so they dont know and then he asked me if i wanted to go back on betablockers my husband said no way he dishearted me really.I showed him my blood pressure readings and he said my heart rate was high but i have to check it at home and he just said come back in 6 weeks.Hes normally good but i wasnt impressed really i told him im having effects of withdrawl from atenolol and he said no your not they will be out of your system now but everybody on here says its takes weeks sometimes so god knows back to not knowing nothing and i was bad yesterday we have a woman doctor that people say is good so im thinking of going to see her i think were just gong round in circles.I couldnt stop shaking yesterday and my legs were so wobbly

Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #88
(female)

Hi cathy, sorry to hear that you havent got it really sorted im still really bad on a morning still can stop in house on my own and i think them beta blockers have made me feel worse more like a zombie with bad anxiety , im sooo fed up gping to see my doctor tommorrow so i think i wont get anything better from him , still cant understand why i feel so bad on a morning its terrible trying to get my son ready and sorted for school there must be something out there what should help us get better nobody should suffer feeling like us and everybody on the anxiety health boards its a battle everyday feeling like this .

Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #89
(female)

Toosmart282 HB User

I'm on the same thing Zoloft 50 mg too. I have been on it for 11 months and I don't know what I would do without it. Now when I first started taking it I felt like you I had rapid heart beat at times and felt kind of weird but my body was just getting use to the meds. It's takes time for your body to get use to meds like Zoloft. Talk to your doctor and tell he or she what is going on they might switch your meds or tell you just give it time to kick in.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #90
(female)

It is isnt it there just seems to be no help at all,im making an appointment to see the nurse cos i have to have my blood pressure checked and im going to tell her it just seems like a vicious circle i get an appontment and then they knock you back again.Ive been on my period 2 days and im worse again not same as on them bete blockers but shaky and crying all the time i know some of it has got to have somethng to do with that.I hope you get some awnseres tommorrow we will see

Closed Thread