HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Anxiety (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/)
-   -   anxiety got worse been on sertraline 9 days (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/922060-anxiety-got-worse-been-sertraline-9-days.html)

jeany123 10-07-2012 11:56 PM

anxiety got worse been on sertraline 9 days

please help , doctor put me on sertraline 50mg for anxiety , but i have got 10 times worse from anxiety waking me up at 4 clock in morn i am not sleeping at all and feel really ill is this normal to feel this bad been on sertraline(zoloft) been on it for 9 days , has anybody else felt this bad ? will i feel better longer i stop on it or i dont know if to just stop with it because it might not be right for me please help me .

cathyzc 10-17-2012 10:57 AM

Re: anxiety got worse been on sertraline 9 days

Hi just want to tell you i have been on this tablet for 2 days and i feel terrible im shaking all the time and cant sleep my doctor had put me on them to wean me off beta blockers that im taking for my blood pressure.Are you still taking them and did you get any better

jeany123 10-18-2012 12:22 AM

Yes im still on them been on them 19 days now still feel like a zombie and waking up at 3 in the morn my heart beating fast hot not myself i have to wake my husband up because im that scared im going to pass out and die then i have to get up because i feel even worse just laid in bed , im taking 50mg of sertraline in a morning im only getting 5 hours sleep and ive got kids to take to school i dont know how i am keeping going i know it says you feel worse before you get better but after nearly 3 weeks i should be feeling abit better i was right to start with with my anxiety and i really want them to woke for me but i feel alot worse , keep taking them hoping they will kick in but i dont know if to stop with them because i cant take much more of feeling so bad , are you taking sertraline for anxiety? have you slept any better or feeling any better ? and how much are you on ? i am here for you .

cathyzc 10-18-2012 06:10 AM

Hi i have stopped taking mine today im going to go back to the doctors i have never felt as terrible cant sleep i have a terrible throbbing headache i feel like im going to pass out i woke my husband up at 4 this morning

cathyzc 10-18-2012 06:11 AM

oh and i forgot to mention i cant stop shaking and feeling numb as well

jeany123 10-18-2012 09:16 AM

HI thanks for your reply , i feel shocking but my family thinks i should carry on with it because it says you feel worse before you feel better but i dont think anybody understands how bad i feel i was bad before with my anxiety thats why i went to the doctors but now i am 20 times worse when i wake uo at 3 in morn i feel so not myself and dizzy and i was sick this morn i just feel like i am not here but my husband says cant i wait another week because if i go back to doctors in a weeks time and if i go back now or come off of it he will say i have not gave it long enough easy for my husband to say hes not feel like me , at to go to my mums house today because dont want to be in house on my own if i pass out because i feel that bad before i went on it i was not feel like that the doctor said its good for social anxiety but i feel alot worse i dont know i am keeping going feeling like this i feel ill , if you want somebody to talk to i will be here for you , you just seem to be just like me , hope you feel back to yourself soon .

craigdog 10-19-2012 12:34 PM

I just took my 9th 50mg Zoloft pill. This is my first experience with anti-depressants. I had/have a lot of the symptoms you talk about, but not nearly to the extent that you are having them. Today is the first day where I feel the side effects are fading. This stuff actually puts me to sleep at 10:30pm and I can't keep my eyes open. My eyes slam open at 3:30 or 4:00 and that's all she wrote. At first I tried to lay there, but then my obsessive thoughts startup so I hop out of bed. As I'm adjusting, I'm perfectly fine getting 5+ hours. I feel fine. My mood seems to be very slowly improving. There is hope for you. I realize that's easy for me to say, but I sure hope you find the strength to wait it out. Good luck!

jeany123 10-19-2012 02:55 PM

I have come off of it couldnt cope with it again longer ,its like my body could not tolerate it i really wanted it to work but it was not normal to feel that ill i had been on it for nearly 3 weeks and was feeling worse so cant see my doctor while next friday , i wish you luck with it sounds like its kicking in for you good luck .

cathyzc 10-20-2012 03:07 AM

Have you felt any better now you have come off your tablets im still shaking really bad dont know if its the effects of the tablets as i only took them for 2 days but ive never been this bad at shaking

jeany123 10-20-2012 05:43 AM

HI , yes i stop them yesterday, i took 25mg 0f my amitrityline what i use to take and slept for 10 hours , i come off my amitriptyline in the first place because i started feel anxious in certain situation like taking my son to school and the doctor said they was really good for social anxiety , but i never thought they would have made me feel that ill on sertraline i know they great for some people but every person diffrent what works for one person doesnt for another i just think my body could not tolerate it , no im not shaking but i think you will better when you get it out of your system , have you slept any better? im here for you we can help each other , where abouts in barnsley do you come from ? cant belive that you live so near .

cathyzc 10-20-2012 06:14 AM

Hi i dont really want to put it on here where abouts i live

jeany123 10-21-2012 05:35 AM

HI i know what you me everybody sees it on here , are you feel any better today ? i still feel shocking just like a zombie not myself at all i feel all my eyes are blurry i wish i would have never started on sertraline in the first place feel worse than did before i took it i had another amitriptyline last night slept till about 7 then all my thoughts start up in my head cant cope feel like this because i dont feel myself at all and having to cope with everyday things is really hard feeling like this im scared i will never feel right again.

cathyzc 10-21-2012 10:32 AM

Hi im not shaking as much today as i was when i was on these tablets today is the first day i feel ok well back to how i felt before i started taking the tablets.

My headaches are slowing down also i felt bad enough before the tablets but god i felt bad when on them i think its takes about a week to get them out of your system.

My friend has just told me today that her doctor only put her on 5mgs a day and she was feeling sick with them and kept going hot so she had to stop taking them so with us being on 50mgs that was bad

jeany123 10-21-2012 12:54 PM

I know 50mg was too strong never felt anything as bad in my life , dont get me wrong i wasnt right to start with but them tablets made me 100 times worse and i kept taking them for 3 weeks because all my fdamily and friends kept saying you will feel worse before you feel better but i kept saying youb shouldnt feel this bad my family would talk to me and sometimes i wouldnt say anything back because i didnt feel like i wasnt there and at night time i was at my worst felt so ill couldnt sleep and i was hot dizzy sick my heart was beating fast i never thought antidepressants could make you feel that bad im scared to take any ssri again im back to taking my old tablets they are from the tricyclic group but i come off them because they not great for social anxiety thats why the doctor change me to sertraline because said it was great for social phobia but i never thought i was going to be that ill so i had some amitriptyline left and started to take them just incase i get withdrawal symptoms from sertraline but im sure i cant get much worse than i felt on them , i dont want to scare people about sertraline because some people they are great for but my body couldnt tolerate it , but i feel now im back where i started i really wanted them to work for me for my social phobia but now i feel thers no way out but just to take my old med amitriptyline which dont help that much for anxiety but it is better than sertraline i think not taking nothing is better than that , keep touch .

cathyzc 10-22-2012 03:28 AM

how good are your doctors.With me just swapping im trying to have faith in them but its hard.With me being on these blood pressure tablets ive been on 50mg for six years they have halved them to 25mg as you have to be weaned off them as there bete blockers my new doctors cant understand why my old doctor put me on them in the first place so i dont thimk there helping me really.Ive even shakier trying to wean off these really they have gave mr circulation problems where my feet are burning all the time.Ive just being looking up perimenopause and menopause symptoms and looking at them looks like that could be something to do with what were going through i dont know how old you are but im 45(today actually) but have had this fear of crowded places for many years really going to school concerts with the kids stuff like that getting my frend to pick the kids up from school.It wasnt this bad but bad enough and that was some years ago but now i dont go anywhere really my husband does all the shopping the thoughts of going to the supermarket just makes my legs shake and i go all funny