It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
(male)

qzwxec HB User
Hello newbie here & questions

Hi my name is Kevin and I am 52 and have suffered from anxiety and agoraphobia for nearly 27 years.

It has ruined my life and my ambitions and finally my worst fear has come true, I am nearly alone - no family, not married, no children can't get a job. I am scared about what will lie in the future.

At this point I do have help from my brother who does do my grocery shopping every two weeks, and I pay for his tank of gas and a nice meal (either take out or I cook myself). This helps me a lot but it hasn't always been this bad. I have held jobs outside of my home but not since early 2000 when I was the night manager at a local (nearby of course) gym.

I have looked at a program called "Panic Away". Trying then to do some research on it, I saw some people calling it a scam, and others defending it. I joined this board and did a search trying to find a thread on this program and came up with nothing.

I have tried Lucinda Basset (I think that's the name) her program a few years ago. It was expensive and I even tried her ultra expensive "coaches" (cost me $ 2000) and I found it all to be a big nothing. It helped a little bit but I guess my disorder was untreatable with her methods.

So I am asking is this program different than her's ? Is it the same stuff (that didn't work for me) or is it something completely different ? I notice the price for the program seems to be a lot less. Any reason why ?

Thanks for any responses, I really need to get out from under this, it's serious. I have no real friends except two or three that I know online since its almost impossible to go more than a few blocks from my home because of the attacks. I needed to go to the eye doctor just a little more than a week ago, but couldn't go and its only 4 blocks away. I just got trapped at a stop light and panicked out. I was blocked by a city bus on one side, and by a car in front of me in the turn lane and one behind me. I had to come home.....it was embarrassing since my cousin was with me in the car and she said something like "Thank God you didn't get us killed" when I turned the car around. She hasn't spoken to me since and won't answer my phone calls now.

I am in deep deep trouble and am just looking for help. I am desperate. Please help.

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-09-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, or recommend Internet searches, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread