It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
(male)

8800GTS HB User
School Anxiety?

Hi guys. I haven't been to this website for a long time. Unfortunately I have been dealing with what I think is anxiety. Please let me know if anyone can relate to these feelings / symptoms.

I just got into a two year film-making program. That is my dream: to become a full-fledged filmmaker.

At the beginning of the year I was having a good time and getting along with everyone. I was shy, but I was functioning fine. However, it has been over a month now and I have slowly become socially isolated. I feel like I cannot hold a conversation with people in my class, nor with the instructors. Everyone around me gets anxious when they talk to me - and I get extremely anxious if they show any sign of disliking me.

The difficult thing is: that I want to get along with people so badly, yet I cannot seem to. I feel physically ill when I am around people in my classes. Initially I thought it was blood sugar issues (because I rarely ate), but now that I am eating regularly - and it still happens - I have a feeling it could be anxiety.

I have suffered from social anxiety in the past. Usually I am able to function - but I just feel like I'm passing out lately. I have felt physically ill - even where I have to go to the bathroom a lot, and coughing because I am short on breath. I feel warm sometimes, where my head feels really hot - kind of like a fever. I sit down and try to write something and I get so distracted. My grades are dropping.

It is vital that I can work in a team - and I feel as though I am becoming a detriment to it. Why do I feel like this? Am I like this? It's not good.

Another thing that bothers me is - there is a person in our class who is getting along with everyone in the class but me. She is a leader type - and I personally see myself in the same regard. She makes me anxious - when I am around her and she is having fun with people in class I feel threatened and I get tense and start to shake - my lips twitch, my speech starts to quiver.

Anyways, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
8800gts

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread