It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
(male)

tgen30 HB User
post nasal drip and anxiety

hello , i have post nasal drip which cause me constant throat clearing,spitting and sometimes suffocation feeling , the suffocation feeling leads me to breath very fast , i use my sternum and i constant blow my nose , i cant catch a break from this , its like spitting-breathing-blowing all the time , its much worse when my nose is dry because i cant blow anything.

I tried some chamomile for a month or so and i somehow got better but now my tonsils got infected again and it drives me mad and chamomile doesnt help very much , i have been tested by doctors and they said that i have anxiety and broke voice due to congestion.

My questions are:

1. the constant blowing and breathing after the suffocation feeling is some form of hyperventilation and is due to anxiety? or is it normall ?

2. the uneasiness when my nose is dry and i cant blow mucus is some kind of anxiety ? am i addicted to blow my nose? (if something like this exists)

3. can you suffocate and die from post nasal drip? or post nasal drip and stuffy nose combined?

i know some questions arent anxiety related but i didnt know where to post this thread.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: post nasal drip and anxiety

Have you been seen by an ENT Dr, if not then you should ask to be reffered.
I have much the same, I'm constanly clearing my throat and at night I get really bunged up in my nose.
I was diagnosed with Allergic-Rhinitis some years ago. A Steroid Nasal Spray or Sudafed tablets could help you, even Antihistamines if it's an Allergy.
I dont really see how this is connected to anxiety. Like I said I have suffered from this for years and it hasn't killed me, it's just an annoying condition.
It does sound to me like an allergy and if I was you I would seek a ENT diagnoses.
Ihope this helps and I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread