It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
(female)

PoloHarper HB User
Unhappy How To Stop Worrying?

Hi Everyone,
I'm very new to forums. I'm sorta new to this anxiety thing also. May 17, 2012 I had my first anxiety attack. I was on the way home from a friend's house who lived 20 minutes away, when suddenly it felt as if my heart was skipping beats and I was weak and I couldn't breathe well. I thought I was about to die. Thankfully my brother was driving and stopped on the side of the road to see if I was able to walk. I was. I also experienced dry mouth, shaking and trembling and pale color to the skin. Y'all I was so sure that I was about to leave this earth so my brother rushed me to the E.R and I was told that I had an anxiety attack because all of my vitals were normal. They gave me something to calm me down and it put me to sleep. Ever since then I have been having them constantly. Restlessness, shaking, over thinking, sweating, constantly feeling pulse to make sure I have one, blurred vision(already wear glasses). For at least 2 months I was in and out of the E.R 4 days a week because I was so sure something was wrong..that's when they told me I had Generalized Anxiety Disorder and referred me to a therapist. I went but the therapy place wasn't good so I didn't go back. The attacks would only happen at night, sometimes during the day but not as bad. Now I deal with it on my own even though it's very hard, I cry sometimes because I have noone that actually understands my pain. I read these forums to keep me calm knowing that there are other people that experience this and I'm not losing it. I attend college(freshman) and I work at Bojangles restaurant. I love to travel and it affects my life because I'm afraid to leave the house but if I don't get active I get scared and have an anxiety attack. I have so many symptoms I think of every health issue and think I have it but I always come back normal. When I travel(by car) I have an attack and I don't know why I have them suddenly. It's scaring me really bad..I just want my life back..I need someone to confide in that understands what I go through..I hate the feeling of being TOO cautious. Can someone help me on how to control it?

The following user gives a hug of support to PoloHarper:
Vivicide (11-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
(male)

PanicProne HB User
Wink Re: How To Stop Worrying?

I really know where your coming from I started having panic attacks when I was around 18 I'm much older now and still suffer. But what I can say to you is this, it gets better with time, you tend to really learn your body and your triggers. Triggers are what you need to figure out and how to somewhat control them. Avoidance might sound like a good thing, but its not, it only makes you more uncomfortable. And comfort is really all we are seeking. My advice to you is talk to as many people as you can that have the same issues, talking about it really helps. God bless.

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, teen