It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
(female)

Kallyn78 HB User
Effective Medications

I'd just like to hear what medications some of you guys use, and what your dosages are. Also, what medications didn't work for you? How can you tell when a medication is working properly, or not working?
I've just started citalopram, 10mg. (small dose until my body is used to it I guess??)
It hasn't done anything for me over the past month, so I'l be seeing my doctor in two days to talk about alternatives, or a change in dosage.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
(female)

spungy HB User
Re: Effective Medications

Hi I am also on citalopram,...I have been for 10 years and it has worked great for me...40mg is the usual amount you will need for anxiety...40 has been great for me although this is the second time things have gotten very stressfull in my life and I have had to go up to 60 mg temorarily ...hope that helps..good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
(female)

spungy HB User

OOps I forgot to say I suffer from a Generalized Anxiety Disorder and use to have panic attacks....and of course Depression because its hard not to be depressed when you feel so bad.You will know when it is working..you will sleep better,eat better and just enjoy life again...you will see the light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
(female)

Kallyn78 HB User

Thank you for sharing! I'm now up to 20mg a day, but I probably won't be seeing a difference for a few weeks yet. I also have bouts of depression, but they seem to come and go, until I reach a stressful time (quite often...) at which point my depression becomes a problem. It's good to know that medication can help, I was starting to doubt that I would see a significant difference since I can't get in to see a therapist for a few months. I have been told that therapy is much more effective than medication alone, which makes sense. But at this point, any improvement is welcome.

Closed Thread