It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
(male)

mikebmw7 HB User
Chest Pains - Anxiety?

Hey Guys,
Has anyone experience EXTREME burning pains, deep in the chest that can last hours and occurs daily?

It's almost like severe heartburn. But antacids, PPI's, diet changes, etc do not help. I've had an endoscope and upper gi series. All that was found was mild gastritis, which the GI said should cause more stomach symptoms than chest symptoms. He also said it shouldn't cause severe chest pain.

I notice, this pain goes away every night just before I get into bed, which is when I am my most calm.

I have bad anxiety and not sure if thats the cause.

Of course, I worry that it's my heart, but I've had lots of heart testing done.

Has anxiety ever caused you pain like this? Please chime in!

Old 11-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
(female)

avil7 HB User
Re: Chest Pains - Anxiety?

hi,
i am having same kind of thing... i usually get scared..of almost everything.. i get this weird pain around chest and heart... my body parts even go numb and i feel like fainting or being in unreal world.. something very weird...
once i was rushed to hospital to because my heart starts beating really fast, felt like fainting and dying..
only the thing dr did there was, gave me a medicine (i don't know the name), told me to rest and then i was discharged in an hr...
i am too curious about what's going on me.. do you also feel like you're dying or something bad is going to happen, etc???
and does your heart beat really fast and do you have breathing problems???

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-30-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room language with the proper words as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User
Re: Chest Pains - Anxiety?

Mike, you mention that you’ve had heart testing done, when you feel this pain, do you take your blood pressure? If not, you may want to and see if your BP is high or if your pulse is high also. Are you on any medication that can have chest pains as a side effect? Have you talked to your doctor about taking nitro for the chest pains? Have you researched esophageal spasms? They have the same symptoms that you described and often times can be mistaken as pains associated with the heart. Since they found gastritis, you may want to modify your diet and eliminate anything that can cause discomfort such as smoking, caffeine, soft drinks, spicy foods, and citrus. You may also want to look into taking DGL tablets. It is a form of licorice and it has helped many people with your symptoms. German chocolate flavored is the best tasting of them all. Aloe Vera juice is also good. You mention PPIs and antacids…do they help when you have this pain? Have you tried Gaviscon? When it goes down the intestinal tract, it turns into foam and coats the esophagus providing relief.

Closed Thread