HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Anxiety (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/)
-   -   why do i feel so bad in the morning? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/930352-why-do-i-feel-so-bad-morning.html)

jeany123 12-04-2012 04:45 PM

why do i feel so bad in the morning?

IS there anybody reading this gets better as the day goes on with there anxiety im terrible first thing on a morning then i get alot better later on please let me know if you feel the same and at evening time im great just cant understand it ?..... please reply back .

Seekingpeace12 12-04-2012 08:19 PM

Re: why do i feel so bad in a morning ?........

It happens to me, especially on Mondays or days when I canít sleep at night. When I wake up, I start thinking about how I am going to survive another day and if I will have the strength to make it to work, I start thinking about all of the things that I need to do today and I start to panic and get anxiety. Sometimes it gets worse when I am in the shower and I am in that little room by myself getting ready for work. I try to get out of there as quickly as possible. However, as the day goes on my mind gets preoccupied on whatever I am doing and my mind eases on the worries so then I feel better.

jeany123 12-06-2012 01:41 PM

Re: why do i feel so bad in a morning ?........

Thanks for your reply , it really helps to know its just not me feeling like this in a morning , its really horrible feeling like this i woke my husband and said i dont feel right and all these thoughts get stuck in my head im never going to feel better again am i dying its so scary but as the day goes on i start to feel better and feel great on a night thinking im getting better then i wake up back to feeling terrible anyway i go back to the doctors tomorrrow and im going to tell him that them beta blockers are not doing nothing apart from making me feel worse , and thanks again for your posts to me this anxiety board meeting peole like you gives me the strength to carry on you dont feel all on your own .

RTSQ 12-08-2012 02:00 AM

Re: why do i feel so bad in the morning?

Increased anxiety in the morning is common among anxiety sufferers. Supposedly that is when one's cortisol levels are highest. I'm sorry the beta blockers aren't working for you. If you happen to be at an age typical for perimenopause, you might want to check into possible hormonal imbalances.

greg1x 12-08-2012 10:38 AM

Same here, much worse in the morning. Greg

jeany123 12-09-2012 02:05 AM

Thanks for both of your replys it helps knowing im not on my own had a really bad night all bad thoughts going in through my head never going to get better and dont feel right nothing seems to be gettting me better just cant understand why and i think them better blockers are making my anxiety worse . do you think it is anxiety because nothings working and im scared cant cope with this all the time only get abit of a break on a night.

avamarlo 12-11-2012 12:42 AM

If you are having the problem of anxiety then don't ignore it. Find out the reasons why you are having this health issue? When you find the reason try to solve this with help of doctors, psychiatrist. If both of them are not able to solve this issue then go for a counseling & I think counselor will definitely solve your issue.

frillyflower 12-14-2012 01:52 AM

I've read someone say once that the anxiety when first waking up is the body giving you a shot of adrenalin to wake you up. but yeah, I get that sometimes too.

The worst time for me with anxiety seems to be afternoon and just before dinner, because I am not working right now, and I hate it.

greeneyez 1966 12-16-2012 08:30 AM

hello there , i am so greatful for this board i am going thru the same issues except the last 2 nights were aweful everytime i tried too get some sleep id be woken up with anxiety and night sweats and then im completely exhausted .im constantly worrying about this because i work with the public and im always afraid anxiety is gonna hit me .i have no one too turn too i suffer alone but its really starting too take over my husband was helpful in the beginning but now i think hes had enough so i dont even have him too turn too .he thinks this is all in my head and that im doing it too myself and im not i dont wanna feel this way i take the meds zoloft and klonopin and they dont seem too be helping and my dr isnt much help im beginning too think he feels im a hypocondriac and im not . i think im in perimenopause and thats triggering my anxiety and depression i was fine up untill july when my periods started going hay wire .i feel so alone i get shortness of breath and that scares me i hate being alone thinking im gonna pass out and like i said when i talk too my hubby he thinks im a nut case and said for me too go see a shrink ill do anything at this point im at thr end of my rope and dont know how much more i can take of this. im so glad i have this board . <edit>

TEdds83 12-24-2012 02:29 AM

Sounds to me like a hormone and perimenopause issue. I am 48 and have been going through this for a few years now. Night sweats, panic and anxiety and weird body sensations. I had my hormone levels tested and mine are lowest in the morning. I have often had a panic attack upon awaking and couldn't figure out why when I had been sleeping and restful. But people including men tend to have their hormones drop lowest in the am. I am on progesterone cream and it seems to help. But as I am aging it doesn't seem to be working like it used to. Here I am with insomnia tonight and itchy skin. Ugh! Hang in there. Try not to panic. Just come on here and you will have someone to talk to. Take care! I am here for you!