It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
(male)

guyinneed HB User
Depression, anxiety, racing thoughts

Where do I start? I was let go from my job of 10 years over a year ago. There was unethical and sleazy activity going on and I refused to play along...I was unemployed for 10 months...I tried to start my own business, it didn't go anywhere. I work in sales now--as I did before, but in a brand new field and I am still learning the ropes. I've been there five months. I've made a couple of rookie mistakes which has triggered a Pandora's box of bad memories of other failed jobs, wrong decisions I've made in my career, and a feeling of worthlessness that at age 50 I view as the new normal.

Today I lost my car key--which has unloaded other bad episodes. Such as the time I lost $10 when I was 10 years old--and my thoughts go back to my carelessness and the natural but unwelcome nervousness I've had my entire life.

On the positive side, people say I have a genial personality and folks tend to like me. But I keep feeling that I am viewed by others as a noble failure--nice guys finish last.

I don't drink--I quit eight years ago. I do consume a lot of coffee. I'm married with one child and not only am I beginning to feel like a burden, I believe that I'm going to be even more of a burden in the future--like a sack of potatoes in the trunk of a car. I used to take Lexapro and Xanax--I quit because I was feeling better, but also the medication left me feeling sluggish, which is not good for a salesperson. I would love to have each now, but I have no insurance and I can't afford the stuff anyway.

I used to run 10 miles a day--but I suffered from some nasty injuries for over two years--only now am I heeled. It's hard to get back in shape and more challenging to get going in the winter even when I'm not depressed. My physical health is good--as for my mental health--not good.

I have a near-photographic memory--which is a handicap with runaway thoughts. Sometimes I feel like I'm on a carousel populated not with horses but with every bad thing I've done or whatever circumstances have set me back.

My wife--who is out of the country now--is supportive, but she tells me to "Snap out of it." I only wish I could.

It's dinner time and I have no appetite. I have to go to work tomorrow but I'm more stressed out after a day off than if I had worked.

I have no idea what to do. I don't have any close friends and my mother is elderly and unable to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, anxiety attacks, depression, paranoia, racing thoughts