It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
(female)

Nesler10 HB User
Help with anxiety!!!

Sorry so long. My story is, back in November I was prescribed Effexor Xr 37.5mg for my mood swings. I would cry over absolutely nothing and would get so angry. I took one pill on Nov. 21 and around 11:30pm my husband woke me up because he had to go to work. We were talking and I started noticing my tongue felt tingly but I just kept talking and ignored it. All of a sudden I went into my first full blown panic attack. Made my husband call the ambulance because I didn't know what was going on. My fingers became stiff or something. Looked like a ducks beak(only way I can explain it) and I couldn't move them at all from that position. My toes were stiff too but not as bad as my fingers. They cramped up very bad and my whole arm was heavy that I made my husband hold my arms up. Didn't take anymore. The doctor then put me on Wellbutrin Xl 150mg because I was having anxiety from the panic attack at night. The first few days I was good. Then noticed the anxiety was happening every night and I also couldn't drive at night. I decided to quit that. For 2 weeks I felt great and like my old self and wasn't having mood swings either. Then two nights ago my heart started racing and ended up at the ER. We'll now when I wake up in the mornings the anxiety is horrible for the first hour. I can't bring myself to get up hardly. Throughout the day I'm great, until it starts getting dark. Then the anxiety comes back strong and makes me miserable. Sometimes I wish I wasn't alive because I hate the feeling. I'm starting therapy this Monday but I was thinking maybe trying Prozac but I'm so nervous to try anything. It has helped my husband's anxiety, OCD and anger issue tremendously. Scared it will cause things to get worse for me though. Oh, I also have Xanax to help when I really need it. Since ending up in the ER I have taken it at night since then because the anxiety is so bad. Almost out and the doctors here(military) don't like prescribing them and I don't want to become addicted either. I have always avoided medication because I always have some unpleasant reaction but I need to figure something out. I can't be like this the rest of my life. Any insight or encouragement would be wonderful!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread