It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
(male)

xbox360man HB User
Exclamation Lab Results ?!?!?!?!

First Time Being On These Type Of Forums... Allow Me To Introduce My Self. My Name Is Frank Im 18 Years Old. I Suffer From Anxiety/Depression And Insomnia. Im Currently On 200 Mg Of Sertraline (ZOLOFT) One Tablet 2 Times Daily. Which Would Be 100 Mg Morning And 100 Mg At Evening. For Insomnia I Take Trazodone 150 Mg At Bedtime As Needed.

Anyways I Went To The Doctors For A Yearly Checkup And He Made Me Do Some Blood Work.

I Need Someone To Explain These Results To Me Because My Doctor Is On Vacation And Im Worried About It, I Saw Some Things That Were High. Wbc; Eos (Absolute); And Calcium Serum. And For Low I Got Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy. Am I In Any Danger?

Here Are The Results.

http://**********.us/photo/my-images/16/53717431.jpg/

http://**********.us/photo/my-images/818/32770575.jpg/

Last edited by xbox360man; 01-12-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
(male)

EasyyGoingGuy HB User
Re: Lab Results ?!?!?!?!

Hi, welcome to forum. I'm not a Dr but your lab tests cause no alarm to me.

Your wbc value is only .1 from normal. From NORMAL! It's .1 out of normal and I don't call that cause for alarm whatsoever. A high wbc could be from common infection, inflammation, or even aellergy, etc.

Your calcium is also only .1 from NORMAL. For me, I would not be concerned. Maybe eat too much dairy?

If these levels go higher on your next blood tests, then I would be concerned.

For me, I would certainly not take a med to 'adjust' these! If calcium doesn't go down, and you want it to, I would just take some magnesium. High calcium can mean low magnesium levels. (They can't test for magnesium levels)

The Vit D is low and that's common (mine was too). Raise this with more sun or Vit D3 supplements.

Nothing I see suggests taking a med. Take some Vit D3 and watch the other levels on next blood test. ONE test is just a reference. The next test will tell you if something is wrong (if wbc & calcium levels go higher)

So no, from your blood tests, in my opinion, you are in no danger whatsoever.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-13-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, depression, lab results, zoloft