It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #1
(female)

Londonemmalou HB User
Anxiety or no anxiety?

Hi everyone. I am new here. I just wanted to hear everyones opinion on this as I am driving myself crazy about it.

Okay this has been going on for ages now. I have been suffering with what my doxtor told me is anxiety but this is without any scans for anything else that it could be. For the past few months I have been getting really awful lightheadedness. It started off being once in awhile but for ages now its pretty much everyday. When it happens I cannot stand for long without wanting to lay down and this is when the feeling goes away. It makes me feel like i am going to collapse. When I have to go out I always feel weird and try to put it off as long as posible.
When I am walking around outside I always feel like my heart is beating too fast or that I can't breathe properly and that I don't seem to be taking in enough oxygen. I have had many ECG 's and my last one was in November. The cardiologist said it is normal. For some reason I struggle to believe that there is nothing wrong. Today for example I was waiting for a bus and after the walk to the stop I sat down and when it came to getting on the bus when I stood up I felt a warm feeling that surged to my heart and I felt odd for a minute. The warm feeling happens a lot.

I always have this urge to shake my leg. Its like I do it to make sure that I am alive. I know that sounds so stupid. I am just so upset about it. I just want to feel normal again. Just be me. I miss not worrying abour going out and just doing whatever I want to do. In relation to the tachycardia I have had an ablation and the cardiologist said he reckons I will never be bothered by it again. The attacks used to scare the hell out of me. I think I still worry about my heart having another svt attack and i think when my heart starts beating quickly that it will trigger one. I am so worried about my heart that it literally has taken over my life. I get really upset about this now. I hate it! I especially hate the lightheadedness that seems to have become my shadow. When my heart skips beats i can't help but think about it and then i get more skips. My cardiologist at my check up after my operation said i can expect to feel these after the operation but i don't care they just really get to me anyway. I recently had a xmas temp job and when that came to an end i had too much time on my hands and I have been a lot worse since. Why does it do this? It sucks as I can't do the things I used to do and when I do want to I feel too weird and ill to do them. I started therapy in December and she is trying to help but whether the whole experience will actually help, only time will tell.

At the moment I just feel like my head is all woozy. It is so annoying

Sorry I know this post was disjointed, I just wrote it as it came to me!

Xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2013, 04:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Anxiety or no anxiety?

Hi, there are many causes of lightheadedness which include low blood sugar anemia, low blood pressure and low potassium. Have you had bloodwork done? It's important to eliminate all physical reasons for your symptoms.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
(female)

Londonemmalou HB User
Re: Anxiety or no anxiety?

Well I had a blood test in November and that came back totally fine. It doesn't get helped by me eating food or anything sugary so surely it wouldn't be to do with the sugars?

Closed Thread