It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
(female)

Ferelu HB User
Disablying Anxiety

I have been feeling nauseous for almost 6 months now, the nauseous became unbareable 2 months ago when I started feeling light headed and couldn't swallow my saliva. I am been feeling absolutely terrible and I have not been able to go to work, go to parties, drive, shower, sometimes I can't even brush my teeth in a given day. I start gagging and I'm just extremely nauseaous. I am being told I have anxiety because they cannot find any medical conditions for me. But I do not feel anxious, I have very little stress in my life. I just don't understand what is happening to me. Can someone please help me.

1. I don't drink alcohol, coffee, eat chocolate, fatty food or fried food.
2. I was exercising 4 days a week until my nausea became disablying and I just couldn't anymore.
3. All I do is rest and relax, but I am constantly nauseous.
4. I've been to a psychologist but because I don't know the cause of this anxiety, the sessions are wasting my money and the time of my family since they have to drive and pick me up, as I am completely disabled from this anxiety.

I will appreciate any help, I just can't continue existing, I wanna live my life again.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

dksea HB Userdksea HB Userdksea HB User
Re: Disablying Anxiety

Although anxiety can often be caused by external factors (job stress, family stress, etc.) anxiety can also result from physiological problems in the brain. Even though you may not feel stressed by events in your life, or feel that they should be stressful there could still be an underlying anxiety disorder that is present.

What kind of therapist are you seeing? Talk therapy may be appropriate for some types of anxiety but not all, you may try to find a a different therapist who specializes in anxiety disorders. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy has been found to be effective as a treatment for anxiety spectrum disorders such as generalized anxiety and OCD.

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering and hope you are able to find help soon. There is a link near the top of these forum pages to the Anxiety Center here at health boards with information on anxiety and resources that may help you. I recommend taking a look.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread