It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
(female)

Jkass23 HB User
Not sleeping past couple of days

Here goes. Last week I was doing fine. My period was late. By Thursday, I had a cry to my husband scared if I was pregnant again. We have two wonderful boys. But I am 39 and both times I went through post partum anxiety. With great treatment, I was off meds in less than a year both times.
Friday, I took a pregnancy test. It was negative. I cried to my husband of relief. I went to lay down and then my period came. I laughed to my husband as it was funny that it came after I took the test. Friday night, I could not sleep. I had sweats, hot flashes, chest pain. Ugh. Anxiety like the post partum is back. I did not cry. I just felt anxious and wanted to see what help I could get on Saturday. My primary doctor and ob/gyn were closed. I went to a meditation class. It helped but I know one class will not help me. I went and purchased melatonin and I went to the gym and did cardio. I work out 5 days a week and I do not have problems falling asleep.
I relaxed Saturday night. The chest pains were gone. I took melatonin and did went into a drowsy state. By 3 am, I believe I slept. I felt good and happy the next day. No chest pains all day Sunday. I went to bed. I did not take melatonin. I was tired. I could not sleep. I would get up and go downstairs. The chest pain came back. I was up. i took a melatonin but it did not help. i am frustrated. I do focus on sleep and I think I created myself undo stress. How do I regain what I had before Friday?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
(male)

mother07 HB User
Re: Not sleeping past couple of days

hi.i suffer from health anxiety where i think somethings wrong keep going to doctors.i find soft music helps me.to relax it seems to me you get yourself stressed,because you dont want to fall pregnant am i right? if so this will make you panik.putting your mind to think your pregnant but has you stated when you done test and you had period you were happy.so it goes to show what is causing your anxiety.try and think possitive get your husband to help you talk to him do breathing exersizes.have safe sex if that puts your mind at rest.we go to church and find it helps listing to music.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

dksea HB Userdksea HB Userdksea HB User
Re: Not sleeping past couple of days

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it lately. You mentioned getting help in the past, did any of that involve Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? If not I highly recommend seeking a therapist who provides it, you'll learn valuable techniques and approaches that can help you address and reduce your anxiety and get control back in your life.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
(female)

Jkass23 HB User
Talking Re: Not sleeping past couple of days

Thank you both. In the past, I had post partum anxiety. It was my hormones and I had an excellent doctor who helped me through it. I went to the doctor this time and he prescribed clonazepham. Things are very different from post partum. I am able to do breathing exercises to reduce the chest pain. I just want to sleep.

Closed Thread