It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
(female)

shutupmerlin HB User
'episodes' of feelings of anxiety, fast forward, dizziness and confusion..

I've had a couple of 'episodes' in the past year of feeling like I'm very detached from the world.
I've done some research online but can't quite find anything that fits my symptoms.

So last time this happened I woke up for school and was sitting on the edge of my bed when I suddenly felt very anxious, like I was trying to remember something sub-consciously. It was like I had this feeling of impending doom, like some huge catastrophe was happening but I didn't know what it was. I felt light headed and it was like I was speaking to myself in my head but it was just a jumble of words that didn't relate to anything. It's almost like I was searching for something that was really important! I didn't feel out of breath, and my heart didn't feel like it was racing at all, I just felt confused, jumpy and frustrated. So I got up, and went to walk down the stairs and felt very detached and dizzy, like I was living in a dream world. It cleared up after about 5 mins. This 'episode' was slightly different from the first time, mainly because I tried moving about. I remember having nightmares where I felt the same sort of anxiety in my dreams, and when I woke up. (I was about 7 - 10 ish, I rarely have them any more)

I'm jut curious to see what you guys might know about this? I'm not sure if it' just mild anxiety, it comes out of the blue and it's actually quite terrifying.

Last edited by shutupmerlin; 02-14-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
(male)

JeffThePanicker HB User
Re: 'episodes' of feelings of anxiety, fast forward, dizziness and confusion..

I've had panic attacks since the 2nd grade, and your predicament sounds much like me when anxiety hits me. Strange you should say "impending doom"; these words are often the exact words used when publications describe panic attacks. Also, I've had that dreamy feel from anxiety so many times in my life. It is common of anxiety disorders, and is called derealization. It is also a listed symptom in medical texts on anxiety.

Search generalized anxiety, panic attacks, ocd

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

shutupmerlin HB User
Re: 'episodes' of feelings of anxiety, fast forward, dizziness and confusion..

Thank you so so much!

Closed Thread