It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
(male)

Scaredani HB User
Scared and Confused

Hi All,

Please help me on my status. At first one of my friend diagnosed with cancer in Jan 2012 when I heard that I am so paranoid and did all the possible tests which come back negative. After that for every small health issue(every other 2 months even for cold and sinus I was so terrified) I would google the symptoms and so tensed till that health issue goes away. After that when I goes to a new place from my home I wouldnít be able to sleep properly and feel like coming back and would do the same by taking the next available flight(Its always been the case I live in orange county even if I goto vegas after one day I feel like going back home). Finally in December I was able to got over with the cancer thing and was happy with all the thing. Then the other things started in In Jan 2013 when my wife and daughter went to visit her parents and was able to stay firm for 2 weeks and after the third week I felt lonely and not able to sleep properly (when I made a decision to travel and visit my family I felt happy ( All the time I feel should I be able to see my family and lot of things going on my mind). Once I see my family I feel good after that even if I cant get the sleep due to the jetlag I would think too much and felt restless. I feel everything should happen quick and feel good when I am with my family. Some days to get the sleep I am using 0.25 mg of Anxit. The problem I am facing is all the time I would think something is going to happen to me. If I am preoccupied with any work I am good but when I am free I think too much for small things (Like whats going to happen next and my heart rate goes fast, then after couple of days or hours I will be good). Especially I canít sleep properly with this thinking
First please help me with my status am I anxious or anything else
Please help me with some relaxation technics
Please help me deciding should I meet any therapist
I want to get this burden of my mind and feel normal
I dont want to get on meds and I want to contril my mind

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
(female)

growagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB User
Re: Scared and Confused

It seems you have had some difficult situations come up in your life. Many of us have similar issues that we cannot always solve alone. I would encourage you to see a therapist who is trained at both diagnosing and treating your issues.

He or she can help you learn to recognize which behaviors are healthy, and which are not. You can learn to control those thoughts and actions which are working against you. It can be much easier to see things about ourselves through a trained eye, than our own. No need to go through this phase alone. What you learn now can save you from similar situations in the future. Being open to advice and not afraid to make positive changes is so important for our growth.The more awareness you have about yourself, the better.

Whether or not to take medication is a personal decision best made under the advice of your doctor. Medication can be called for when the benefit outweighs the possible negative effects the drug can pose. Most side effects of new medications is temporary, but only you know what it does to you. You certainly have the right to request a treatment regime that does not include medication.

Do not be afraid to seek help. You deserve to be as comfortable and happy as possible while you travel through life. Never has there been more understanding and treatment for mental health issues than now. You are not alone in your feelings either. Stress and pressure are piling up on many of us. Seeking help is the first step towards lifting the burden you are carrying from your shoulders.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
(male)

Scaredani HB User

Thanks for your quick reply, Now I am in my home country and as soon as I come back to US i would see a Doc/Therapist to get the help. Hopefully I am going to stay calm mean time

Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
(female)

growagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB User

Sounds like a good plan, and yes, your idea about staying as calm and centered as possible is a good one. While things will always come up in life, some of those things are in our control and others are not. For some people, keeping a journal or log of events is a good way to free our minds of some of the things that otherwise might bother us, or build up inside. You might use one to organize your thoughts for the day when you do see a therapist or counselor. Best to you, and a bright future.

Closed Thread