It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
(male)

beatletim64 HB User
Unhappy Anxiety and Panic getting worse

Hi; I was diagnosed back in 1994 with an Anxiety Disorder, after over a year of being diagnosed with just about everything else first. It is safe to say that i lost all confidence in the doctors, because I thought I was having heart problems and was going to die. Anyway I was discharged from the Navy in 1994 with a medical discharge for this wonderfull thing called Anxiety. I was prescribed many different drugs over the last 20 years, including Xanax, Valium, Prozac, Paxil and many others. The Xanax worked the best for a while, but I got addicted to them and was taking much more then prescribed, however I had no problem getting more as the VA sent my bottles and bottles of pills every month. In the time from 1994 until 2007 I used alchohol and later pain killers such as percocet and vicodin to self medicate, and of course I went through that hell. I went on a drug called Subutex, which helped me stop taking narcotics, but is addictive itself. Little did I know that this drug has caused more problems then its worth. I am down to about 2 mgs of the subutex and I am way down on the xanax and valium as well. About 2 years ago I started having bad anxiety again. I thought it was my job, so I changed jobs and it got worse. I admitted myself into a psych ward for help as I thought I was losing my mind. I was put on Abilify and Prozac 80 mgs. After a week I was taken off the Abilify because it made me feel a little manic, however I am not bipolar. After discharge I was let go from my job due to too many absent days missed. Funny I was in the hospital!! I was relieved however because again I blamed it on the job stress. I took another job and was let go after 3 months for the same thing. I was admitted to the hospital again and attended a full day partial program for 2 weeks. That was back in August of 2012. I have been unemployed since! Anxiety has taken over my life! I am afraid to work, and I am afraid not too. I feel scared all the time and I dont laugh or smile at all anymore. I avoid everything I can. I have a family that is very supportive of me, but I feel terrible because I am not acting like a father/Husband should. Needless to say our financial situation is in the toilet. Our house is in foreclosure and we had our water and phones turned off a couple times already.

Now I wake up every morning in a panic/anxious state. I see in many of these posts that I am not alone. The feeling is so awfull and it takes every bit of effort to get moving in the morning. I cant sleep in past 8am. I usually feel my best, if you want to call it that, at night. I fall asleep ok, but when I wake up in the morning its "Hell" all over again!

I was put of effexor but had trouble urinating and I am weaning off that and being put on paxil 20 mgs. I am not optimistic the meds are going to help.

I started seeing a therapist last week and paying 100 bucks a pop without insurance really hurts, but I need help.

If anyone out there can relate or has any advice, please chime in. This is just a very high level description of my life.

I was abused as a child by my father and by a nun while attending cathlic school as well. Not sexually.

Thanks;
BeatleTim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
(male)

zigglefritz HB User
Re: Anxiety and Panic getting worse

Hi BeatleTim64,
Have your adrenalin level checked. A good friend of mine had a condition causing his to be many times the level it should be and had some of the same effects you describe.

Good luck and good health to you!

Old 03-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
(male)

beatletim64 HB User
Re: Anxiety and Panic getting worse

Hi; thanks for the tip. How is that checked? Is it just a blood test to check the adrenaline? I am replying to you at about 2am. I am very tired, but I savor this time as I can actually feel ok. I am able to go to bed and get to sleep without any problems, but loathe waking up in the morning and feeling like the world is crashing in on me.

Thanks again; wish you well also.

Beatletim

Closed Thread