HealthBoards (
-   Anxiety (
-   -   ((Stomach Knot??)) (

JustAmy2013 03-06-2013 04:30 PM

((Stomach Knot??))
My doctor just added 20mgs of Prozac to my meds hoping it will calm my obsessive thinking, constant worry and compulsions to constantly organize everything all the time. I just started it yesterday. And I have had an enormous knot in my stomach that just feel like I am in panic mode. However, I feel calm and relaxed, not thinking about anything and it won't go away. I can't eat because of it. I've had this irritating knot before. I used to call it just "fear". Maybe it is. I am going through some very big changes in my life.
But I was wondering if anyone had experienced this as well??
Thanks for listening...

haleyyface 03-08-2013 02:50 PM

Re: ((Stomach Knot??))
I've never taken medication. Debating right now actually if I should..

I get this knot in my stomach daily. Sometimes all day until I go to sleep.
I think it's a combination of fear and anxiety mixed together.

It sounds like maybe your meds are working to keep some symptoms under control, but may be failing in other areas.

beatletim64 03-09-2013 12:22 AM

Re: ((Stomach Knot??))
Yes; I know the feeling well. It is very distressing. I have to take a Xanax or Valium to take the edge off when waking up. This has been going on for almost a year now every day. I have been out of work due to being laid off, and I know that is playing a toll on things. My house is now in foreclosure. If it wasn't for God an my church support, I would have given up long ago. I am going to therapy and taking meds, still not feeling like I want to. The fear has and is controlling my life. My family is with me, but I feel alone. Awful place to be.

They say "This too shall Pass". I just hope soon! I don't know how much longer I can hold on.

Hang in there, you are NOT alone!

If anything I have learned that by reading all these posts.