It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

Anxietyhelp HB User
Wellbutrin

I was started put on Wellbutrin today and I'm wondering what I should expect!??

Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
(female)

AnxietyGirl74 HB UserAnxietyGirl74 HB UserAnxietyGirl74 HB User
Re: Wellbutrin

Hi. I'm afraid I don't have any good news about how it affected me. It made my anxiety worse. Each person is different, though. What really helped my anxiety was ssri's - ESP, Luvox CR, Prozac, and Paxil. Hope you find something that works for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
(female)

sassy040 HB User

I t did not help me but everyone is different. Paxil has been the best for me so far of the ones I have tried

Old 03-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
(female)

growagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB User

Wellbutrin has been a wonderful addition to my life. Rather than allow yourself to be influenced by names of medications, I encourage you to have an open mind when trying various medications, afnd do not allow yourself to be swayed by the names, or others experiences.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
(female)

Anxietyhelp HB User

I didn't take it because I read the side effects and got scared I really wish I new something to help me I also suffer from hypochondriac it sucks

Old 03-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
(female)

growagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB User

I hope I can share my experience, and that will help you open your mind to this medication.

First of all, I have a complicated medical history, which has meant lots of medications over the years. I have learned the best ways to go through the early weeks of taking a new medication.

When I first took my Wellbutrin, and this was only a month ago... Suddenly I had lots to say, and I felt light and happy. Honestly the first 3 days, I was talkative and really happy. I felt my depression had lifted greatly and my attitude was much more positive. I knew that it would level off over the next few weeks, so I relaxed and waited. Sure enough, I did settle into a more even mood, but still much better than before.

At this point, I have taken one full month of medication, and am happy with the results. They are subtle, yet noticeable to me and my immediate family. i have made it a point to take my medication at about the same time everyday, and I did not expect, nor experience any negative side effects. I did notice I needed to sit for a minute before standing when coming from a lying position, to avoid dizziness, but that is common with many medications.

Please do not focus on what is written on the bottle or the internet. Wellbutrin is a great medication for so many people. I encourage you to give it a try..

Old 03-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
(female)

Anxietyhelp HB User

Thanks so much the only thing I have a problem with is side effects I kno I shouldn't but this hypochondria has take full force these past few years I hate it ... I can't even eat red meat. I can't do a lot of things I just wanna be normal for once

Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
(female)

While I have not lived with hypochondria, I do have great empathy for you having to struggle with that. If I can just assure you that many patients using this and other medications do so without side effects. I understand how knowing that is not enough to protect you from the symptoms hypochondria produces before you even get a chance to try out the medication freely. Wishing you strength and power over this illness.

Closed Thread