It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
(female)

Pinkvanillastar HB User
Remeron?

Hi Everyone
I was detoxed off Ativan after being prescribed it for 30 years! It was a quick withdrawal in hospital and VERY scary! When I came home they had put me on Librium to help finish coming off the Ativan at a fairly low dose and Remeron. I have gained SO much weight on Remeron plus do not feel well. I am thinking about stopping the Remeron but don't know whether to stop or switch to another antidepressant? My main question is has anyone else been on Remeron and if so what was your experience?
Thank you!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
(female)

Niki1980 HB UserNiki1980 HB User
Re: Remeron?

Was on remeron for 6 months. It gave me my appetite back, didnt do a lot for anxiety, but gained 20lbs and it shot my triglycerides through the roof! I have never had a problem with cholesterol or triglycerides. Be sure you monitor this. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
(female)

Pinkvanillastar HB User
Re: Remeron?

Thank you for replying. I have gained 30lbs and I have had high cholesterol and triglycerides in the past. I have an order to get a lipid profile, but not really to monitor the remeron effects just a regular check. I wonder why the doctors are not monitoring it more closely??? Hmmm
Gale

Closed Thread