It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User
Anxiety and neck area

The last several days I've had the sensation of anxiety in my front neck area up into the back of my throat. I have hypothyroidism and have been on Synthroid since the early 90's but my thyroid numbers were good when they were checked 2 mos ago and my heart is good and according to my MD, he doesn't think I'm a candidate for heart disease. My sleep is lousy. It takes me a couple hours or more to get to sleep and then I keep waking up. I might sleep 4 hours a night at most, and that is not four hours in a row. I've had anxiety issues for years and have learned to live with and deal with it, but this is the first time I've had the anxiety sensation in my neck area. It's unsettling and does go away for a little bit, but then comes back. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Old 07-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
(female)

MissAnnaAmy HB User
Re: Anxiety and neck area

very interesting in the least to see that my problem is also talked about..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

You have a similar problem?

Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

SSMarilyn, you may want to Google "Substernal Thyroid Goiter". This is sometimes experienced by people with a thyroid disorder.

The Following User Says Thank You to Seekingpeace12 For This Useful Post:
ssMarilyn (07-03-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank heavens my neck looks and feels normal. I'm feeling pretty normal the last few days. I got more sleep than usual. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not...

Old 07-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #6
(male)

Hatethislife HB User

Hi there, I'm kinda new

To your question I am 26 and a young man, and don't have or haven't gone thru exactly what you are going thru, however I have gone thru some things with anxiety, extreme panic, and depression. As well as a neck injury and all sorts of nerve issues because of it, and have been thru the whole sleep thing like you. I do know that anxiety will make you feel,. Weird things, especially in the area You're most concerned with, and yes it can definitely go and come. I have got better and over a lot of the anxiety but still always have pains or spasms in my neck area just because its always on my mind. Because when I'm busy I hear or feel nothing in that area??. I just know anxiety has a funny way of switching sensations or feelings up right when you get used to that particular sensation,. Kind of a way that circle keeps itself going. It horrible. If I have been cleared by your dr. And are ok with what he thinks...it may very well be your anxiety..,its just very hard to pin it to that when I know you feel deep down it can't be, it has to be something else???. I went through that for soooo long and still do sometimes. I just pray. Ask myself again. See how I feel a little while later, try and see if I've felt this before and how often and what happens afterwards...usually nothing?. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say haha. But I've been up all night dealing with some issues as well. But also know how much it helps to have someone respond that can at least put unat ease for a bit. it always helps me, and that's what we're here for. Hope you get to feeling better!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-12-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Closed Thread