It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2003, 12:04 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Just-A-Boy HB User
Red face I'm having Swollen Hands, and Feet...

For the past 2 months, I been having swollen hands, and feet. They get cold or hot, sweaty, sentitive, swollen, sometimes it feels its itching inside and sometimes they cause pain. I told my doctor, she said, I am having too much sodium intake. A week later my chest had squeezing pain, I went to the E.R. they gave me E.K.G. test, and it came back normal, so did the blood tests, and they send the results to my doctor, but she hasnt called me, and my nurse said to me, that E.K.G was fine...

My hearts rhythm is fine, but the sound of my heart, it changes a lot. I told my doctor, but seems like she doesnt care.

Come now, I am finally like getting over my anxiety, and I signed up to a gym, to have a normal healthy life, and this stuff end up happening to me.
I am watching what I am eating, and make sure I drink a lot of water, and my sodium intake is under 1200mg a day, but I still get swollen... and it scares me.

MY BP is 112/75 pulse 86 at resting point...

Anyone could help me out here please...Thanks

[This message has been edited by Just-A-Boy (edited 01-11-2003).]

Old 01-11-2003, 12:51 AM   #2

pinkcat HB User
1200 mg a day of sodium may still be too high while you are having symptoms of swelling. you have to read the labels of every single thing you buy at the market and put the items back on the shelves if they are too high in sodium or cut portions in half if you have to have them. i went through that due to high blood pressure problems and an inability to lose weight because of high sodium contents in so much of the food in the markets. i use no salt products and have to avoid frozen foods. over the past few weeks i've been eating frozen foods and had stiffness and swelling again. you might also want to try a diuretic (be careful what you take) and keep trying to cut the sodium way down by eating fresh fruits and vegetables. tomatoes, eggplants, red peppers are night shade vegetables that aggravate arthritis and i've been eating those again and have had problems for the past few weeks. it's back to the basics again for me lol. best wishes. pinkcat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2003, 09:33 AM   #3

cantfindoutwhatswrong HB User
Ihave also heard that caffeine will make you swell. I too, am having a problem with swelling, but not sure what it's due to. I am now experimenting with the whole caffeine idea. I was drinking alot of coffee and iced tea. I have decided to do away with all caffeine and see if that helps. This might be something to try. I'll let you know if it works for me. Good luck!!

Old 01-11-2003, 11:38 AM   #4
littlesheep1999

Question

never heared of sodium intake can make that happen to you before, ide say the weather if it happened to me and your bp and pulse is due to you panicking about it...

------------------
donna

Old 01-14-2003, 03:29 PM   #5

pinkcat HB User
my high blood pressure is not caused by panic. high blood pressure runs in my family. i treated with the doctor to get the sodium levels down because it kept blood pressure high even with medication and salt retains water making it impossible to lose weight.

[This message has been edited by pinkcat (edited 01-14-2003).]

Closed Thread