It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2003, 07:35 AM   #1

strait HB User
Post anxiety and nausea

The main symptom of anxiety and stress that I experience is nausea or upset stomach.

How many others suffer with this and what have you found helpful for it? Thanks much.

Old 01-12-2003, 08:42 AM   #2
littlesheep1999

Wink

i have occasionaly been sick with it and had an upset stomach... but i used to eat so much crap like crisps and chocholate etc... if maybe you change your diet and try and do less stressfull things, also it could be a side effect of any meds your taking if any? on the other hand mention it to your doctor to rule other stuff out that could be causing this upset.. dont let them tell you it is all anxiety till they check you out

------------------
donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2003, 01:07 PM   #3

madgurk HB User
I had alot of stomach problems when my anxiety started. I was admitted to hospital for 3 days with gastritis and now have to take prevacid for acid reflux. I never had any problems with my stomach before. My doctors have told me that stress is the cause of my acid reflux. I have started on Paxil Cr and the stomach problems are almost gone. good luck.

Old 01-13-2003, 08:29 AM   #4

strait HB User
I eat healthfully. Very little alcohol, fast foods, sugars, etc. I am not taking any medications.

Any tips or natural solutions to avoid this stomach upset that accompanies my stress?

Old 01-17-2003, 08:37 AM   #5

BetaChiAngel HB User
Hi Strait,
Stomach problems have been the story of my life for the past year, and I believe it's all because of anxiety (specifically, post traumatic stress disorder). I agree with littlesheep however, you should rule out any gastro problems before blaming it on anxiety.
As far as natural remedies go, I have heard that ginger tea helps with stomach upset, although I haven't tried it myself yet. Chamomile and passion flower are both herbs that naturally relax you, therefore may help decrease your stomach upset.
I know what you're going through, and for lack of a better word, it SUCKS!!! Take care of yourself, and hope you find some relief soon.
Pam

Closed Thread