It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2003, 02:12 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Just-A-Boy HB User
Post Sudden Drop in Sugar Levels, WHY... Can someone explain it to me PLZ!

On Saturday
When I woke up, and it was like around 2PM, I had a pasta, a lot of chicken, and some red bell peppers, and green ones too. Than at 5:45PM I had a Hot Chocolate a large one, with whip cream on top, and 6:00PM I had a VENTI Mocha Coconut Frapuccino, with Extra Chocolate ! and 2 hrs later, it was like 8PM I had Green Tea, and 10 minutes later, my body started to SHAKE VERY BAD, I thought I am gonna have a seizures for the first time, and than I became dizzy, and I ran and told my mom, and she said, check your blood sugar levels now, so I used my grandma's monitor, and it showed my sugar level was 80!

Such a sudden drop! I mean I had so much carbs, and protein! why would, my sugar levels drop?

I ate some chicken, and drank some milk, and the shaking, and the fast heart rate went away!

I dont have hypoglecimia, or diabities, or seizures, or any other health problems!

SO why did it happen? any idea's?

[This message has been edited by Just-A-Boy (edited 05-05-2003).]

Old 05-05-2003, 05:10 AM   #2

sprout HB User
Just thought I would offer some info.

Carbohydrates have a tendency of slowing down your bodies absorbtion of sugars. This may have been the case for you. I am hypoglycemic and the doctor has told me to base my carb intake on my current sugar level.

If your sugar drops only occasionally, I wouldn't worry about it too much...just be conscious of the foods you are eating and their potential effect on your body's balance.

sprout

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2003, 05:17 AM   #3
Veteran

HeyThere HB User
All i know is that Green Tea is not all that good for some people. I know it is marketed by many people and books, what is good for some is the way opposite for others. But crank an engine for green tea side effects negative.

It extracts in a perfume that I threw away makes me sick, nautious, dizzy etc.

Old 05-05-2003, 03:05 PM   #4

ramsemonius HB User
Green tea inhibits enzymes responsible for breaking down carbohydrates in the digestive tract, and has demonstrated hypoglycemic activity in animal studies.

Also, some studies have shown that coadministation of protein and carbohydrate results in a higher insulin spike than either protein or carbohydrate alone. So mixing proteins and carbs may not be the answer to better blood sugar control.

Watch out for green tea, as it can induce anxiety as well! The polyphenols can inhibit the COMT enzyme resulting in accumulating levels of norepinephrine (noradrenaline)in the peripheral nerves. If your prone to anxiety you'll start to feel this after about 4 cups/day. Also makes me nauseous every time if I drink on empty stomach. Otherwise its great for helping to prevent many diseases and perhaps extending life.

-Ramsemonius

Old 05-05-2003, 03:10 PM   #5

HunterE HB User
I THOUGHT GREEN TEA AND HERBAL THINGS LIKE THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO HELP?

Old 05-06-2003, 05:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Janik HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by HunterE:
I THOUGHT GREEN TEA AND HERBAL THINGS LIKE THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO HELP?

Think of herbals as you would of any chemical not produced in your body. The fact that they are natural does not mean they are safe. A lot of them actually can cause serious health problems, since the FDA does not regulate them. Always check side effects before you take any herbals, as you should do with any type of medication.

Old 05-06-2003, 10:36 PM   #7
Veteran

Citykittie HB User
I don't know if I have sugar problems but Lord knows I have so many others I can't worry about this one too. I sometimes start to shake and get this headache, my whole personality changes in a matter of a couple minutes. I have started carrying packs of sugar with me. I have only used it twice and it really seemed to help. This doesn't ahppen often but when it does it was nice to have sugar with me.

Old 05-06-2003, 11:30 PM   #8
Inactive

LindaG HB User
Just-a-Boy, Hmmm... Noticed you rolled out of bed at 2 PM. Were you partying hard the night before? Just wondering if something along those lines may have contributed. Also, it's natural for the body's sugar levels to drop off after a sugar and carb filled feast. That's why some people get extremely tired after sugar or carbs. The thing that concerns me is that you were shaking. Please get yourself checked out if that happens again, okay? Take care, Linda
P.S. By the way, I hope you were indeed partying hard the night before. After all you're just a boy and you could use a little stress-free fun.

Old 05-06-2003, 11:55 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Just-A-Boy HB User
Exclamation

I wish I was partying! but I wasnt!

Closed Thread