It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2003, 04:15 PM   #16
Inactive

Faith777 HB User
Wowwwee: I know that these posts are old, but I was very happy to read them, because I am dealing with anxiety dizzines or the woosies as I also call this symptom. I would like to know if you are now woosie free and what helped. Thanks for sharing so much good information. Like yourself I feel that the dizziness is what is causing me alot of anxiety. I have been to two ENT doctors and my ears are fine. I've had two MRIs and they came back great, Praise God. I am eager to know if you were delivered from the woosies.
Thanks!
Faith

Old 06-04-2003, 07:04 PM   #17
Inactive

N2golf HB User
Faith,

Do you think that your anxiety is causing the dizziness? My ears came out fine too but, I know that I have anxiety/stress and I think that's what can bring on dizziness/nausea. By the way...what's the difference between dizziness and nausea? Don't they feel the same?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2003, 12:46 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soar HB User
All I can say is...I can relate to the dizziness, wooziness and feeling of being disoriented. Oh, and I have been feeling nauseous, since the anxiety increased. When I stand up I often feel like I am going to fall over and just collapse and I too feel the TRAPPED like feeling and an urgency to let others know where I am going and it is often difficult to leave the house. I know my balance is good because I am an avid Yoga fan and balancing poses are my fave and I do them well. ????

Old 06-11-2003, 12:58 PM   #19

lily21 HB User
N2golf:
Dizziness is when you feel unstable, like everything is spinning and you feel like you're going to fall and nausea is a feeling of sickness in the stomach, you feel like throwing up

Old 06-13-2003, 01:19 AM   #20

warrsav2savage HB User
Cool

I have many of my own theories on my personal anxiety, and this might help a little. At first, I would ALWAYS travel with a friend or partner. This way if something happened to me at the store or in the street they could help me. THEN I realized, human beings are nurturing and helpful. If you get sick on the street or faint in public (it has happened to me a few times)some people come to help. Its not embarressing, like calling an ambulence, more like someone getting you some water and another helping you get your composure. Whenever you are out alone and feel sick - REMEMBER: You can ALWAYS ask people for help! Especially an officer, a person who has children, etc (better than going to a weirdo!) People are kind and will help!

Old 11-23-2004, 12:54 PM   #21

twizzler3 HB User
Re: Dizziness & Anxiety

most meds take a while 2 kick in unless its like valium stuff.

Old 11-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #22
(female)

dizzyone HB User

Hi everyonr I have been having minor dizziness for 5 months and my anxiety started after the dizziness which I have heard is common. I am on meds now occasionally when needed which is Ativan. I have been having breakthroughs in the dizzyness for a couple of weeks but am still following up with tests that I already have appts for just to see if anything shows up. I have an MRI in Jan and a trip to the dizzyness clinis in Mar but that 1 I may cancel if everything seems to be well. I don,t know if my dizziness is inner ear or what I guess thats what the doctors are still trying to determine. Good luck to everyone else Sandra

Last edited by dizzyone; 11-23-2004 at 05:01 PM.

Old 12-15-2004, 03:47 PM   #23
(male)

gatornation HB User

does anyone know how anxiety causes dizziness...because i read if u have rapid heart beat and hyperventalatioin..those cause dizziness..i dont get that...if i am walking i am off balance..but the room never spins and i dont spin (ie it is not vertigo) also i dont feel like i will pass out. anyone know how dizziness is caused by anxiety?

Old 01-20-2005, 01:31 AM   #24
(female)

cateyes68 HB User

also have them check your hormone level. It could be Virtigo, from entering premopause. I go threw the dizzy spells also, and sometimes the objects have a white halo serounding them. I suffer from Severe Anxiety/Panic attacks, along with Agoraphobia, and severe depression. I am new to the healthboards.com so hello to everyone. I have sat threw as much reading as I could tonight. You all be safe. Catch you on the flip side.

Old 07-31-2005, 12:34 PM   #25
(male)

tworx HB User

Hello all

My Anxiety problems, or should I say the symptoms of them started about 6 months ago. I would have this twitch in my chest and then very light headed. The Doc sent me or a stress/echo test and all was fine. My doc was pretty sure from the start that it was anxiety related. She put me on nexium for the nervouse stomack and lexapro for the anxiety and as needed xanax.

After a couple of months I was feeling great so then stopped the nexium and then started weening off the lex until I was not taking them. I was still taking the xanax as I feel it was needed.

Now last week the dizzyness and lightheadedness started up again and with this the crying attacts also started. So I guess it's back to all the meds for a while even though my doc would like me to just stay on them but I just am not very keen on depending on a handfull of meds in order for my brain to work wright. I really think it will work around any problem it has in time. The brain is a thing of awe that god has created. Now if it just was not for our sinfull inperfect condition.

Well thinks for letting me babble.

Last edited by tworx; 07-31-2005 at 12:39 PM.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:33 AM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

I recently went to my dr. for dizziness. He cleaned my ears out and said the ear drum (I think?) was inflamed and that could cause dizziness, so he gave me zyrtec. Does that sound right?

Old 08-23-2006, 12:19 AM   #27
(female)

wildlifewaterco HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowwweee
I hope this finds everyone doing well.

I read many of these posts on here with interest because of my experiences with high anxiety and panic.

I am curious to know how many people on these boards experience panic or limitations over the sensation of dizziness, wooziness, or a feeling of imbalanace?

I have been experiencing wooziness since 1990. Around the same time I started to experience full-blown panic attacks.

Sometimes dizziness is not related to panic attacks at all, but a symptom of something wrong with the inner ear (your balance system).

And because of this sensation, dizziness-wooziness-feeling off balance can MAKE you scared or want to stay close to home. But the problem isn't panic, it's the dizziness. I feel like I am talking in circles here, ha ha.

After so much time being afraid to do much because of being scared of these symptoms (as well as some other issues that are going on for me), I put myself in counseling, thinking that I am turning more and more agoraphobic and fearful every year that I deal with these woozy symptoms. However, during my sessions in therapy, it came to light that I'm not so much afraid to leave my house because of agoraphobia, but rather due to the fear of falling, fainting, or tipping over because I am constantly woozy.

Because of this, I am revisiting my woozy symptoms as something other than anxiety provoked, and with the approval of my primary MD, have met with a new ENT (Ear-Nose-Throat MD) who stated that I probably am having some kind of physical issue going on with my balance system. I will be having an MRI (with contrast) to get a picture of what's going on with my inner ear system next week - and then we will go from there.

I'm not saying that everyone's dizziness is something physical - I realize that anxiety can provoke all kinds of sensations. However, I am suggesting that if your dizziness, wooziness, off balance feeling is causing you to panic or is the reason why you don't want to leave the house/drive/go to work/socialize, then a second look at that symptom might be worth it to you.

When your balance system is out of whack, it can cause you to feel faint, light headed, dizzy, floaty, spacey, foggy, disjointed, poor concentration, depression, feel like you're drunk or not walking right, feel inbalanced....and cause anxiety. I don't even like going into stores. I avoid a lot because of my wooziness.

However, on a good (woozy free) day - I do have them in spurts - I am good to do most anything. And life is good.

There are many reasons why a balance system can malfunction - from a viral infection to an inner ear condition. It just may be worth it to get a re-check!

I know how bad it is to have fear all the time and be limited by anxiety attacks - so any idea I have that may help me or someone, I want to pass on. Your thoughts are appreciated!

Take care.
Thankyou I have the exact same problem..I have been so dizzy & then feel panic..I know I'm not alone! I am going to see a doctor about this..I am a 51 year old woman..thanks for sharing..I am wildlifewaterco on this site

Old 08-23-2006, 06:16 AM   #28

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User

When replying to a post please be sure that the thread is still an active one.
This one is not, it hasn't been in active in over a year.

If you wish to discuss this topic further please start a new thread, this one is now closed.

Thanks,
Ms_Mod

Closed Thread