It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2003, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

sugarplum_pdx HB User
Post Feeling Hot and Cold

I've noticed for a long time that I frequently feel too hot, then too cold, or a mixture of both (if that's possible). It feels like what I would describe as hot flashes or cold flashes, and I get kinda clammy and sweaty. I am aware that these could be symptoms of anxiety, but the weird thing is, sometimes it happens when I am not knowingly experiencing a lot of anxiety. Maybe I'm getting ready for work in the morning and trying to hurry, but I'm not feeling horribly anxious. Does this happen to anyone else?

Of course, the hypochondriac in me worries that it's a sign of an actual illness. I've gone to the doctor many times over the past few years, not necessarily for that symptom but for various things, and they just don't seem to be concerned with most of my little symptoms. I had a "physical" a couple weeks ago and all it consisted of was taking my BP, listening to my heart and breathing, taking some blood for a cholesterol check, and telling me to come back soon for my annual pelvic exam. That's it. My doctor said that's all that they normally do for someone my age. He didn't feel anything was wrong with me.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to find out if others experience this hot/cold sensation and if you think it's just part of anxiety.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User
Thumbs up

I completely can relate to the hot feelings. Every single morning I get SO hot and it's not hot where I live...it's about 60 degrees. I usually open the window because I am burning up. Sometimes in the shower I even have to sit down because I feel like I am going to pass out. When I get hot like this it makes my anxiety worse too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2003, 11:26 AM   #3

im_a_jersey_girl HB User
I got very hot when I'm anxious, and sometimes when I'm not, and that makes me more anxious about getting hot!

I definitely get the same thing!

Cath

Old 10-16-2003, 01:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Ive had the same problem for years, partly inherited, my grandmother was always adding or taking off clothing.

I am sometimes hot and sweaty in one part and shivering somewhere else on my body at the same time, seems anxiety related, my docs have never taken much interest in my complaints about it, wonder if poor circulation is involved

Old 10-16-2003, 01:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Ive had the same problem for years, partly inherited, my grandmother was always adding or taking off clothing.

I am sometimes hot and sweaty in one part and shivering somewhere else on my body at the same time, seems anxiety related, my docs have never taken much interest in my complaints about it, wonder if poor circulation is involved

Old 12-05-2003, 10:27 AM   #6

ILCovergirl HB User
Re: Feeling Hot and Cold

I was searching the boards for some similar symptoms to mine and I found this. I totally relate to what you posted sugarplum! I feel hot and cold at the same time. (It is hard to explain!) One minute I have goosebumps and the next minute I am so hot and sweaty.
I feel like I am nuts and this just started last night!
Of course I have been worried it is the flu since there it is a sever strain this year (yikes) and every little pain I am getting now I freak out about it telling myself it is the flu and I am going to die.
ugh.

Last edited by ILCovergirl; 12-05-2003 at 10:28 AM.

Closed Thread