It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
It Really Means So Much...

Hi Friends!
I just wanted to share a thought or two...When anyone takes time to post, do you realize to most ppl. that it really DOES mean a lot??? Seriously. When you think about how busy lives are, and how not a one of us knows each other besides through our posts, it really is nice to have friends on the internet.

I know it is like that for me, here on the pain board, and I frequent the Addiction Board because, frankly, Ive met some wonderful ppl there, and I like to stay in touch.

Ive heard people say: "How can you trust anyone on the internet, especially with the way things are now?" Well, you just have to be smart, pick your friends well, like you would in real life.
I log on whenever I can to see whats going on with ppl , see if maybe one of my questions got answered, but mostly to see if there is anyone I can help.

I like to share ideas, dramas, whatever. Its what could help someone else, or even give them a laugh when they are having a crappy day. thats what I feel the boards are for, and honestly? I love them because I can get helpful information from ppl who have vast knowledge, and I dont have to call my doctor, ect. when I have a problem. 90% of the time I get my questions answered HERE. And that is the truth. Not just PM board, but others on Heathboards as well.

I know there are tons of ppl who read/lurk every day who just want to stay that way, and I have absolutely no problem with that whatsoever. Im one of those ppl who will walk up to you in a second a strike up a conversation. Im just a people person.

I really look forward to getting to log on for even a few minutes. A lot of times i dont have time to post, but I still try to cover all of your threads, and its kind of my little "getaway."

Thank you to all of you who keep this board going, posters or not, it is what makes it so wonderful for everyone. Personally, I would love to hear from more new posters every day! Not that Im tired of all of yous...lol.
It just makes "more for the mix" as they say. Every person has a story or opinion and its nice to hear it~
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM
p.s. sorry for the long post...i try to space it out, as i have a hard time reading posts that are jumbled together. I sometimes have to skip those, sorry, so Im trying to be better about making mine more readable~

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 05-02-2008 at 04:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Re: It Really Means So Much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM View Post
I log on whenever I can to see whats going on with ppl ,
I really look forward to getting to log on for even a few minutes. A lot of times i dont have time to post,and its kind of my little "getaway."

Personally, I would love to hear from more new posters every day! Not that Im tired of all of yous...lol. :
Gosh you just can' get enough of us can you. It sounds like your tolerance is starting to build. It's ok though, it's a normal part of the process. Don't let anyone tell you that you are addicted to this board. It's just your little fix, no one else needs to know. HAHA haha

I'm totally kidding of course. I love your posts too and sometimes you keep me in check, and that is exactly what I need. You are completely honest.

brian

Old 05-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
(male)

stymie82 HB User

I can tell you how much these posts mean. I owe so much to this board. I was undiagnosed, suffering daily, doing nerve damage to myself by working hard in spite of it all. I joined here to see if there was anything that i could apply to my situation. In October 07, dear Moldova was diagnosed with arachnoiditis. I researched and found out that my symptoms matched this terrible malady.

I had a second opinion with a neurosurgeon, and armed with my new MRI's, I asked him if he saw any evidence of nerve clumping in the axial views. He told me that yes-you have arachnoiditis and sent me to PM. He was going to suggest a fusion, that would have made me produce more scar tissue and led to more disability.

Yes, what I have is hard to deal with, but without the info I gained in here, things could be so much worse. Yes, these posts-the sharing of experience, information, emotions, mean so much! i truly think the Lord led me here. thanks to all!

Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hi Stymie~
thanks for posting...It really is a place to find new friends and answers. its so nice to meet you, and I hope youll stay with us. Im so happy youve been able to bond with some posters, and thats, again what it's all about. Please stay with us and share, and I hope that the board can further help you in your needs and support~
Bri~ To me, it doesnt matter what I do, or what role I have on these boards. Its all about helping each other and loving, being patient, and throwing in some laughs in whenever possible. I tell it how it is, and honesty to me is a biggie. Thats just me... Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it so much~
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 05-02-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM View Post
Bri~ Its all about helping each other and loving, being patient, and throwing in some laughs in whenever possible. xoxoxoxo,IZZY'SMOM
Yes me too I try to help as many people as possible with my experience and give others strength and hope to keep going on. Although somtimes I need the same stregth and hope from others. I am feeling quite a bit better today so I am truly grateful for that. It's time for the weekend. WOOO HOOO.

brian

Old 05-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

I'm just here for the comic relief

Old 05-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

I am too, sometimes, but its nice to also have the other side of it~ Sorry if I made this a heavy topic. I just wanted to say that sometimes you get the best support and laughs when you arent looking for them. I love this board. I love the funny side too. I just am thankful for all of the replies and ppl who make it happen~
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 05-02-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Izzy you are so right and what is even more exciting is when you have been chatting with someone for months and you stumble upon them in real life. Friendships can grow even more.

And I am one of those silent people who does alot of reading and very rarely chats.

Last edited by ms_west; 05-02-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrashamx View Post
I'm just here for the comic relief
You are here for more than that. You have been extremely compassionate and offered me hope many days.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Izz, I think this is a great thread. I've learned so much since I came to this board. And I've made new friends that I know understand me. (Well, most of the time)

I think we should have a convention in Vegas some day. Wouldn't we all be a sight? We'd probably get kicked out of the hotel for going to bed too early. Do you think they comp stool softeners and heating pads?

Thank you to everyone here, for the laughs and the tears, the support and the education. You all are the best!

God Bless, cmpgirl

Old 05-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

thank you pepper! I do think we all have that, where we are able to laugh and cry in the same post, you just about have to be able to do that to be successful in PM, otherwise you have to go visit with the men with the butterfly nets.

All of you are so important to my happiness and continued fight for quality of life, I would not have what I have now if not for each of you.

~Fabby

Old 05-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #12
(female)

Rosa62 HB User

Hello Everybody!

I started using the Boards six years ago when my back went out. I don't remember how I found it but thank God I found it. This was the only way I was able to maintain my sanity. Also, most of my questions were answered right here on the Board. I started on Back Problems and moved over here to pm. I didn't know what pm or cp meant. I thought it meant the time of day. My docs did not tell me about it, I learned of pm from the Boards, and it has helped me so much! Unfortunately, I fell out of touch with friends because of computer problems, the computer dying and the kids making me mad so I took my time getting another one.

I met so many wonderful, intelligent people. I've learned more about cp rules and acceptable behavior on the Boards. I've learned how to be patient from the Boards. I also found out that I have a sense of humor on the Boards.

Want to say Thanx to all of you for all your help and patientce...Rosa

Old 05-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I love your post, Izz!

I owe this board a lot too. Not easy to find people nowadays who would offer so much support, understanding, compassion like people who go through same thing as you go. Nobody is judgemental, everybody is so patient with each other.
I don't know how would I go through my 2 major spinal fusions and a lot of complications if it wouldn't be for you, dear people.
I am lucky to have a wonderful husband, kids and great friends who are there for me not matter what. But also I am lucky to have all of you here.

Love and best wishes to all...
Moldova

Old 05-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Me too.

And, like Fabby, I can find humor in darn near anything. Sometimes I bring out the humor, or respond to it. I love those times. I was instant messaging with my daughter the other day - she was in class and I was at work. We had run out of things to write about, and out of the blue I wrote "I talk to my tumor." I could hear her laughing all the way across town. All I saw on the screen was "Hahahahahaha," but I just knew she had interrupted class with her laughing. Turned out I was right.

Of course, there are some issues where that's inappropriate. We've all had them. Like Diet's recent experience with her back. Moldova's experience with fentanyl. Fabby's forced withdrawal. Lots of other examples too.

Without the HealthBoards, I might not have known to insist on a referral to a doc who ordered the MRI that found my brain tumor. I would just have taken my GPs script and had it filled. Instead, I requested a referral to an endocrinologist and many of you know the rest. Thank God for this place. I've come to you all here a number of times when I was hurting, or just low, and I was always strengthened and encouraged by the replies. Thank God for all of you. You have become as important to me as my meds. If my meds were to be cut back, or stopped I'd be here in a heartbeat. My instincts would take me to you. If I were to lose you I'd have nowhere to turn. I'd be lost. I need you and I need HealthBoards.

Thanks everyone and thanks HealthBoards!

steve

Old 05-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

LOL! okay I choked on my coffee a little, I was seeing you as a ventriloquist with your tumor, 'say hello to the folks, Timmy!' :::small voice::'hello, folks!'.

too funny, please, I hope I wasnt rude, I wouldnt hurt your feelings for anything, just struck me as being so funny, I think thats what happened to your dd too.

It warms my heart that people in the face of such pain and fear can still crack a joke. That is amazing!

Closed Thread