It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Missed work again today - feeling a bit disappointed/down

I had to call off again today and I almost left early last night too. I got another "attack" of severe tiredness/fatigue last night and could barely stay awake. The only way I managed to fight through it was to down a cup of coffee and that barely made a dent. I tried to get up today and go to work and I felt like I had run a marathon. I was completely exhausted and tired. I called off again and hopefully my doctor will write me an excuse but that will not help me to get paid for today.

I went to pick up the Androgel last night and found out that my doc had called in something else (Testim?) that was a $45 copay. I was so mad and knew that I could not afford that especially since I had already paid $145 in copays this week. I told the pharmacist to call the doc and ask him to call in the Androgel, which happens to be a $25 copay. The doc called it in and I went to pick it up about an hour ago. I took a shower and put it on afterward. I know it says to put it on in the morning but hopefully it won't have any negative effects. I wanted to start it as soon as possible so I can start to feel better.

I am just feeling so disappointed and down. I was having more energy on monday, tuesday, and wednesday after starting the Oxycontin. Then yesterday was a different story. The "attack" of severe tiredness happened about an hour after I took 1 Tylenol. My pain was a little worse last night so I took 1 Tylenol. I guess my body did not like that and it made my pain meds stronger or something. I won't do that again at work.

I just needed to get my feelings out.

brian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Missed work again today - feeling a bit disappointed/down

I think the HRT will work wonders for you, given your vivid descriptions of symptoms & etc.

No problems applying it @ night, although you may not sleep as well. Peak T levels are about 2 hours after application. You will start to feel better right away and peak out in about 2 weeks. Your testes will produce T for 2-3 weeks so your natural T + supplementation will take your levels very high. However, after 2-3 weeks, your testes will slow down production since your brain will sense the supplementation. This is where you will begin to "level out."

Keep me posted.

Ex

BTW, what dose did he start you out at?

Last edited by Executor; 08-08-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
(male)

stymie82 HB User

Hi Brian, sorry you are so exhausted. I too, take Androgel, have been on it for about 4 months. My T level was at 70 or some horrendous number and went to 513 after 3 weeks on it. Haven't checked the blood level since, but it seems to go up quickly for most guys. Hope it helps with your strength and endurance.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Keep me posted.

Ex

BTW, what dose did he start you out at?
It is the 1% Androgel and it is 5g/tube.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie82 View Post
Hi Brian, sorry you are so exhausted. I too, take Androgel, have been on it for about 4 months. My T level was at 70 or some horrendous number and went to 513 after 3 weeks on it. Haven't checked the blood level since, but it seems to go up quickly for most guys. Hope it helps with your strength and endurance.
What dose are you on? Did you have alot of fatigue and depression when your level was at 70? Just curious how dramatic of a change it has made and the symptoms you were having when your level was at 70.

brian

Old 08-09-2008, 07:21 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Hey Brian,
I am sorry that this fatigue is appearing again hon! I am praying for you!

At this time I am at a loss for words with the testerone level stuff other than to say that when our bodies start to have issues with the hormone levels and hormones not being able to function it really does a number on us mentally and physically.

A lot of hormones work on something called a negative feedback system where certain hormones either priduce or or stimulate another hormone inot action. SO it you have too much of one the other will stop being produced in order to stop prodcution of the one there is to much of. I don;t know if that makes sense but you may wnat to just do a search on hormone negative feedback systems and see what information you might find. I learned about this in my biology classes and I just never really realized how important hormone function is and how much is affected by to much or to little of a cettain hormone. And I never really understood how MANY different hormones are in are body. Wow a lot.

I have a thyroid disorder and at this time the dr calls it Hoshimoto's. My thyroid goes all aver the place. I have learned how to tell when the levels are low and or high. I know when something is wrong when my hair starts coming out in the shower in droves. Usually low hormone levels and I will also have severe fatigue. I have often wondered if some of the fatigue I have been experienceing these days is due to my thyroid. I think I have an appointment with the Endocronologist in September so will will see then. At this time because my thyroid levels will usually go back to normal after a time all on there own I have not had to be prescribed any thyroid meds.

I know this is tough especially with the other issues going on. That other thing we share..ya know! ALl these health issues start to really affect our thinking and perceptions.
My Mom has pointed out to me that since I have been in a funk for the last month or so my perceptions of things has changed some and she feels it is because I am so mentally and physically worn out with all the stuff going on in my life. I like smooth going not complicated. It takes work Brian and right now I don't know that I have a lot of drive to work so hard at things!
SO the answer I guess for me is to just try to keep each day as simple as possible. Hard sometimes

hang in there bud. I know if I was there where you lived I would give you a big hug and tell you thanks for being a part of my life. We all need to know how much we mean to others. We all could stand to have a good hug every now and then.
Anyway I hope this message finds you in a bit better spirits today!
Chrissy

Old 08-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

HI Brian,
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through.
Like Ex said that this will make you to have sleepless nights, maybe this is a reason for you to be so tired?
If you don't sleep well - you will feel it next day. So hard to go to work and think straight when you don't rest enough.
I wonder if your Dr can recommend something to be able to sleep better? I know that Tylenol makes me sleepy and very tired. Some people have adverse reaction to it...

Wish you the best...
Moldova

Old 08-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #8
(male)

stymie82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpain33 View Post
What dose are you on? Did you have alot of fatigue and depression when your level was at 70? Just curious how dramatic of a change it has made and the symptoms you were having when your level was at 70.

brian
Hi Brian, I am on the 1% gel and take 4 pumps per day. It's a fairly low dose. My mood is much better than it was at 70, although I am also on an anti-depressant (Celexa). I also take two tramadol a day, which can help with mood because of the serotonin. My disease, adhesive arachnoiditis creates massive, unrelenting fatigue, and I think my current cocktail of meds is giving me optimum quality of life at this point. I no longer work and was just approved for SSD on Friday on my first try. I hope the Androgel works well for you, I think it has made my life better, although it's hard to know which med is doing what when you take 7 different meds.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:22 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Brian, I'm sorry I didn't see this thread till just now. With the board changes, I'm still trying to get used to going back and forth.

I don't have any better advice than the rest have given you, but I just wanted to say hang in there as best as you can. I'm praying for you every day. I hope this all gets straightened out soon.

Please post back and let us know how you're doing, OK? Gentle Hugs, CMP/MM (((((Brian)))))

Closed Thread