It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

TiredOTired HB User
Thumbs down Angry-Chronic Neck, Back, Shoulder, Ankle, Foot, Jaw Pain!

I am so sick of being in pain every single day. I can't take it much more! I am on a fentanyl patch and have meds for breakthrough pain--I am STILL IN PAIN. I up my dosages regularly, and have been dealing with chronic pain in some form or another my whole life: I am 37.

This thread is the me too thread. Post your "I have had enough!" posts here as I am sure I am not alone.

Why is it that nearly all of the things I am diagnosed with are things that they have no cure for or have pathetic treatments for? Why is it only minimal relief with MAJOR effort?!

I have had just about enough! Down with TMJ! Down with Fibromyalgia! Down with Flat Feet and Plantar Fascitus! Down with Pronation! Down with IBS! Down with Scoliosis! Down with GERD and Hiatal Hernias! Down with Gastritus! Down with Chronic Neck Pain! Down with Chronic Back and Shoulder pain! Down with it all!!!!!!!!!! Down with Migraines! Down with it all already! Medical science CATCH UP WILL YOU PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User
Wink Re: Angry-Chronic Neck, Back, Shoulder, Ankle, Foot, Jaw Pain!

I hear you sweetie! It is a horrible position to be in and esspecially at a younger age, I am sure you feel like it is not fair and that you are too young to have to live the rest of your life like this. I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this chronic pain.

For me, I have Fibro., Myofacial pain, failed back syndrome, sciatica, Arthritis of the spine, bursitis, si joint dysfunction, Arachnoiditis, and massive scar tissue. Between my meds., my b/t meds, a spinal stimulator, accupuncture and a very restrictive lifestyle...I make it through the day, as long as I don't bend, twist, lean, lift, sit too long, stand in one spot, or lay in one position for too long. I am 45 and have been dealing with all of this for the past 5 years, in which time I have had 3 spine surgeries, see 5 different drs. and am in constant memory fog from the meds. and the fibro.

Can I ask you if you see a therapist at all and whether or not you are on any anti-depresants. There are a number of anti-d's. that the pain doctors use for pain relief and there are also muscle relaxers that they can use to help you sleep. It sounds like you have tried about everything and so you probable have tried these things. But it can't hurt to ask. Also, I get a lot of relief from walking in the pool. I walk for 30 minutes and can tell the difference the very week that I go to the pool. It also seemed to help my arthritis in the mornings, which is the hardest time for me to get up. Finally, the accuruncture that I have just begun this month, has actually resolved one of my pains completely on the 2nd visit.

Hugs and prayers are going out to you,

Lorie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 12:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Angry-Chronic Neck, Back, Shoulder, Ankle, Foot, Jaw Pain!

I had to laugh when I read your post (if not, we'd cry, right?) I think I have about half the things you mentioned and some others to boot. I feel your pain!! Literally!!

I know we all have these kinds of days. I think I go in spurts. I also know that stress adds so much to it all, but how do we avoid stress, when we keep being told "Sorry, there's nothing we can do, except try to manage your pain". I love my PM doc. He is a true blessing. But even he can't fix me.

I really try to give myself permission to have those pity party days, once in a while. I believe if we don't get it all out of our systems, we'll just explode.

Amen! to the whole concept of the medical community catching up for once. It seems like chronic pain patients are getting pushed to the back burners more and more every day. If there wasn't so much misinformation and discrimination, I think it would be a little easier, at least. But we have to face that too. Sometimes from our own families and friends and our own docs.

Well, I guess I should limp down off of my soapbox for now. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent! I really need it right now. Try to hang in there as best as you can. We are all in this together. Just knowing this, is one of the things that helps me survive each day. Take care and God Bless to all, CMP/MM

Old 09-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User

I certainly understand! I had a day when I was just "done" with the pain. I was tired of working thru it, tired of not talking about it (burdening my family who are sick of it), tired of hurting, tired of medicating, tired of worrying about pharmacies and half the crap staff they hire who have no idea what I go thru and crack a grin when I pick up the 90 count bottle of Vicodin like I am freakin' lucky to get it or something-JUST TIRED>

I then overheard my husband explain to my teenage daughter,rather sarcasticly, "the meds make her like that-beware of vicodin". AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! You jerk!!! The "meds" don't make me like that! The PAIN makes me like that!!!!!!

Like I said-I had a "day". Its not everyday. But if I didn't have you guys to come to I might just lose my mind.
God Bless all of you and I am praying for LESS PAIN today,

-Momz

Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
(female)

TiredOTired HB User

I am glad I made some of you laugh. I have been in such excruciating pain this week as I had to move and did so with little help. It was awful. I just about lost it. Yes to the person who asked about if I tried antidepressants for the pain. As you mentioned, I have been dealing with this for quite some time and have tried quite a few things. I have however decided that my dr. is incompetent and doesn't do enough testing but rather does more script writing. I will be seeking a new dr.

I have more issues than what I wrote, but I thought it was a nice list. I have fibro as well. So down with that too!

I think we just need an opportunity to lose it once in awhile. I am so tired of not only being in constant pain but having family and friends not understand one bit. It is infuriating. Not only that, but they think you are lying! Jeez. I also am sick of everyone telling me what meds I should and should not be taking. You know, you really shouldn't be on that, it isn't good for you.
You know what? If I wasn't on my pain mgmt. meds, I would probably punch you in the head--how bout them apples?

Lord give me strength! (as my mom used to say)

Old 09-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

friendly_one HB User

Hi Tired,

Add me to that list! I'm 37 and have been in pain since I was 9 years old. I've been in PM for almost 8 years now. I'm on very potent meds that would kill 15 opioid naive patients put together. Even with all my meds, the pain is only slightly tolerable. I've had over 70+ surgeries for my kidneys, now just kidney since my left one was removed 2 years ago. In addition to the kidney crap, I've had my neck slit open to remove most of my parathyroids (it's still kidney related....your parathyroids control the calcium in your body), I had a ruptured appendix at age 13, my right ovary/tube removed at age 14 (due to severe polycystic ovary disease and ruptured ovarian cysts), then finally a total abdominal hysterectomy including my left ovary/tube (due to severe polycystic ovary disease, ruptured ovarian cysts, and severe endometriosis w/fibroid tumors.....all at just the age of 18. So, I've been menopausal for over 18 years. Oh yeah, one more thing....due to me being menopausal and no hormones (can't take HRT due to kidney) and my body dumping massive amounts of calcium from my bones, I have osteoporosis.

My docs don't think I will make it to my 40th birthday due to my right kidney dysfunction/borderline failure. You know what.....I don't care!!! That's just fine with me!!!!!! I'm so sick of pain, meds, docs, pharamcists, uneducated/judgemental people, ER docs & surgeons that have NO CLUE about chronic pain, the all to nosy DEA prosecuting PM docs because of the failure of the "war on drugs" campaign, etc., etc......

I don't qualify for transplant and I will not "live" on dialysis. Ok....enough of my venting. I'm just glad I'm not alone in this, although there are days where I feel like I'm the only person in this hell.

Shay

Last edited by friendly_one; 09-04-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: add info

Old 09-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
(female)

arcticsmartie HB User

TiredOTired - are you me?!! I am also 37, female, and I think I have every issue you described! I am SO where you are at right now. My primary care physician had her nurse call me on Wednesday to tell me they will no longer treat me for any pain related anything and if I ask for narcotics, I will be dismissed from the practice. It's a very long story, but suffice it to say that I have never actually asked my doctor for narcotics (though they were recommended by a rheumatologist) - she just ended every appt. for the last few months by saying she wouldn't prescribe them. Only once did I ever ask why and I accepted her answer. I have always given her treatments a fair shake and done everything she said... I am bipolar as well and that is why everyone is hesitant to help me.

This western society is so messed up with its sue-happy ignoramuses and malpractice insurance that makes doctors afraid to treat patients and why is it that drug addicts seem to have such an easy time going in anywhere and walking out with a prescription and a chronic pain patient with tests/documentation and diagnoses get red flagged and can't find help to save their lives?! I hope you find relief. Take care.

Last edited by arcticsmartie; 09-05-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Closed Thread