It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

CMS6 HB User
? about dry eyes

I was DX. with Fibro in Jan 2007. I live with the aches and pains, not bad. it's the secondary symptoms that get me the worst. Last week I was told through a blood test I have no Lupus antibodies, so no Lupus. I was tested because I have recently developed dry eyes, nose, and cotton mouth. Rhem. wanted to rule out Lupus first. My ?s is it sounds like Sjogrens. I go to a eye Dr. on Monday to see about getting eye drops in the meantime before my next Rhem. apt. Can you have dry eyes etc. without having Sjogrens? Can Fibro alone cause the dryness?

Also I have another ? . I fear MS and am awaiting a MRI. I have been getting heavy weakness feelings in my limbs, kinda like jelly feeling. No loss of strength. At time I get tingling with it. Is this also a common symptom with Fibro? It can last for hours or all day. This am. I woke up and my right arm was heavy weak for a few hours, no cause either.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
(female)

CMS6 HB User
Re: ? about dry eyes

Also I believe I got Fibro from a BAD cause of Mono (Epstein barr virus) back in the 8th grade. I also had BAD growing pains as a child. I'm now 33 years old with 5 children and several losses along the way. The reason why my Rhem. is doing these tests is to see why I have had 2 recent losses. He is trying to see about an autoimmune issue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

Hi CMS6, and Welcome!

I have dry eyes too. Actualy I was dx with the dry eyes about 6 month prior to the Fibr by a routine eye exam. I also deal with a dry mouth and nose, but that could be due to allergies. My eye doc was shocked that all of a sudden he said my eyes became really dry.

Not to long after that I ended up at a rhumy due to pain in my joints and my hands. I also had a neg ANA and RA as well as other tests except my ESR was elevatede (a month after it went back to normal) and my Vit D was dificient.

Now I have had ANA tests done more then once. For some reason he checks it more then once and my RA has been checked mopre then once. I know with RA you can test neg for years before comming back positive. The rhumy mentioned Dry Eyes can be a sign of arthritis.....

So, I dont know if Lupus can be the same as RA, being tested neg thjen all of a sudden positive?

Just recently I have also been dx with Raynauds Disese from a routine physical with my primary doc.

I have been dealing with Fibro now for about 1-1/2 years now and see the rhumy every 2-3 months.

As far as the weakness in the legs such as jellie legs, I would get that too. Realy bad there for a while before I was put on Savella. I could barely makeit to my car without having to lean up against a wall or something to hold me up.

It has gotten alot better. Once in a blue moon I will suffer from that leg issue though. NOT FUN THIS FIBRO THING!!

Best you get everything ruled out.

Good luck and if yah have any questions we are here!!

(((HUGGS)))

Old 06-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Dry eyes and mouth could be an autoimmune condition, but keep in mind it's also a common side effect of many medications!

Old 06-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

You can have dry eyes and mouth without having sjogren's. I have sicca syndrome though personally I wonder if I have sjogren's even though the blood work was negative. I went through the lumbar puncture for ms as I have developed bizarre symptoms the last few years even though I have had fibromyalgia since 1989 and stabilzed. The heavy feeling you mentioned, tingling, jolts, numbness, ski crawling, body cramping, weakness, temporary loss of vision in one eye, joint pain, night sweats, multiple drug allergies, brain calcifications, bladder spasms, tissue swelling, heart palpatations and osteroporosis to name some. I wonder if I have arachnoiditis after having tests and then back surgery.
I use restasis for the dry eyes and then refresh inbetween. It has been a real relief.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

I have dry eyes, been tested for Sjogrens, and I don't have it. I just put in tons of eye drops several times a day.

Kirstee

Closed Thread