It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Arachnoiditis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)
 
NElady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 184
NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User
On The Record Decisions?

Hi There!
Pretty new here to this board. Been lurking for a while, but only recently have I been posting. I applied for SSDI in June 2010, was denied, appealed, was denied, and then requested hearing Dec 2010. In the past two weeks have received letter from SSDI stating they had some forms for me to complete so they could review for OTR decision, OR to schedule my hearing. I called my attorneys office, and they acted like I didn't have to fill anything out, they had it taken care of, and would call me when hearing date was set. Then the very next day, they called me to tell me that my attorney is submitting for OTR decision.
When talking with him personally before he said I clearly meet listing, it is a slam-dunk case, we just have to get file in front of judge. Sooooo, my question is: To all of those who have received OTR decisions in the past, how long did it take from the time that an OTR was requested to the time that they were notified of an approval? (I know if OTR not approved, it goes to hearing) AND, if OTR approved, how long until money comes in? Its been so long with NO money, it has been rough. Just praying for good news!! Thanks everyone!!!!!

 
Old 10-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,602
BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

I can answer part of your question 402lady. I used Allsup to apply for SSDI for the same reasons as you did, mainly severe anxiety disorder and moderate depression. They got me approved OTR for SSDI. Here is a mini timeline.

1. Initial application = Jan.2010
2. Denied twice
3. Requested hearing before ALJ or OTR decision = March 2011
4. Fully favorable SSDI decision = Aug.2011
5. Received approval letter from SSA

What I have not gotten yet after being approved.
1. Notice of Award letter detailing benefits (backpay amount, medicare eligibility
info., monthly benefit amount)
2. No actual SSDI money deposits into my bank account.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 10-04-2011, 03:14 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)
 
NElady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 184
NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Thanks BlueSkies! I haven't heard anyone else saying anything about OTR decisions. I guess I thought they were more common right now since the ALJ is trying to clear up the backlog. I just really hope to hear something soon. Even if I don't receive my money right away, just to hear I am approved would be so wonderful! Congrats to you, and hopefully you will hear more soon!!

 
Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Clearwater Florida
Posts: 1,163
vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

I got a Otr took one year from my initial application to my approval in order to get a Otr your medical evidence has to leave no doubt that you are disabled I meet a blue book listing and my age helped. I was approved by a senior attorney at the oadr office and my review is in 7 years

Last edited by mod85; 10-04-2011 at 08:07 AM.

 
Old 10-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)
 
NElady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 184
NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann04 View Post
I got a Otr took one year from my initial application to my approval in order to get a Otr your medical evidence has to leave no doubt that you are disabled I meet a blue book listing and my age helped. I was approved by a senior attorney at the oadr office and my review is in 7 years
I do meet a blue book listing also. I believe it is listing number 104b. That's why my lawyer is submitting for an OTR. How long did it take from the time an OTR was requested until it was approved? Or did SS initiate the OTR? Thanks for your help!!!! I appreciate any input!

 
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Clearwater Florida
Posts: 1,163
vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402lady View Post
I do meet a blue book listing also. I believe it is listing number 104b. That's why my lawyer is submitting for an OTR. How long did it take from the time an OTR was requested until it was approved? Or did SS initiate the OTR? Thanks for your help!!!! I appreciate any input!
It took a couple mts. And I also called my us senator and that is why I think it only took a couple mts. Plus my medical records left no doubt and I had the medical test to prove my listing 4.12b .

 
Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 626
gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Hi 402Lady,

When I saw your post saying you met listing 104b, I thought ... she has back problems too! I meet listings 104a, 104b and 104c.

I truly hope you get a really good judge, if you have to go to a hearing. So many seem to dismiss back problems, saying, "so what if your back hurts - take an aspirin and go to work!" They just don't understand.

Even though I met the listings, and had a huge stack of MRIs, X-rays and doctor's reports as proof, it still took me five denials over 2 1/2 years to get approved.

Good Luck!

 
Old 10-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
BB07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lower Alabama
Posts: 979
BB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

alot of people meet "blue book listing". what will matter is how your medical problem prevents you from working, in detail. here is my time line with ssdi:

july 2008- applied for ssdi with onsetdate 1/27/2007

denied twice

7/16/2010 alj hearing- OTR fully favorable- rec'd official letter to that effect 1 month later, about 8/10/2010

8/16/2010- rec'd partial ssdi backpmt

12/2010- rec'd bal of ssdi backpay

i rec'd my 1st ssdi ck 10/3/2010

12/2010-rec'd medicare a & b backdated to eff date 7/2009
__________________
constant companion pain

Last edited by BB07; 10-04-2011 at 03:24 PM.

 
Old 10-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Clearwater Florida
Posts: 1,163
vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB07 View Post
alot of people meet "blue book listing". what will matter is how your medical problem prevents you from working, in detail. here is my time line with ssdi:

july 2008- applied for ssdi with onsetdate 1/27/2007

denied twice

7/16/2010 alj hearing- OTR fully favorable- rec'd official letter to that effect 1 month later, about 8/10/2010

8/16/2010- rec'd partial ssdi backpmt

12/2010- rec'd bal of ssdi backpay

i rec'd my 1st ssdi ck 10/3/2010

12/2010-rec'd medicare a & b backdated to eff date 7/2009
I have peripheral artery disease and I could no longer do the job I had for 30 yrs I worked in a warehouse in fact on my approval letter it said because of my excellent work record they found my disability legit. I worked for over 40 years in my lifetime

Last edited by vann04; 10-04-2011 at 05:13 PM.

 
Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)
 
NElady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 184
NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB07 View Post
alot of people meet "blue book listing". what will matter is how your medical problem prevents you from working, in detail. here is my time line with ssdi:

july 2008- applied for ssdi with onsetdate 1/27/2007

denied twice

7/16/2010 alj hearing- OTR fully favorable- rec'd official letter to that effect 1 month later, about 8/10/2010

8/16/2010- rec'd partial ssdi backpmt

12/2010- rec'd bal of ssdi backpay

i rec'd my 1st ssdi ck 10/3/2010

12/2010-rec'd medicare a & b backdated to eff date 7/2009
I'm confused - you state "7/16/2010 alj hearing" but then state OTR fully favorable.
Did you go to a hearing, OR did you have an on the record decision?? If you have an on the record decision, you don't go to a hearing. Maybe you are talking about a bench decision???

 
Old 10-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)
 
NElady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 184
NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle4102 View Post
Hi 402Lady,

When I saw your post saying you met listing 104b, I thought ... she has back problems too! I meet listings 104a, 104b and 104c.

I truly hope you get a really good judge, if you have to go to a hearing. So many seem to dismiss back problems, saying, "so what if your back hurts - take an aspirin and go to work!" They just don't understand.

Even though I met the listings, and had a huge stack of MRIs, X-rays and doctor's reports as proof, it still took me five denials over 2 1/2 years to get approved.

Good Luck!
Wow that is scary that you met all those listings and still had to go through 5 denials. My attorney acted like my file showed I was clearly disabled because I clearly meet the listings, and SS HAS to acknowledge that. So, if you have listing 104b, you have spinal arachnoiditis too?? That is one horrible disease!! Mine affects so many of my nerve roots, and even affects the nerve roots that deal with my bladder and bowels. It also hits the nerves that cause severe abdominal pain. As much back pain as I have, the abdominal pain it causes is worse. I so wish I never had this disease and was able to work, but I just cant. Its so frustrating because before this, I was a very motivated person, and had a lot of drive in my career, always wanting to move up, and get promoted, had a lot of schooling, and now I feel like it is all down the toilet. So, because of all this it has caused me to have severe depression and anxiety. I never in a million years would have thought I would be in this position. Anyway, sorry to ramble on so long, it is nice when I can find someone who is going through what I am because then I feel they can understand. Thanks for listening!

 
Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 626
gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402lady View Post
Wow that is scary that you met all those listings and still had to go through 5 denials. My attorney acted like my file showed I was clearly disabled because I clearly meet the listings, and SS HAS to acknowledge that. So, if you have listing 104b, you have spinal arachnoiditis too?? That is one horrible disease!! Mine affects so many of my nerve roots, and even affects the nerve roots that deal with my bladder and bowels. It also hits the nerves that cause severe abdominal pain. As much back pain as I have, the abdominal pain it causes is worse. I so wish I never had this disease and was able to work, but I just cant. Its so frustrating because before this, I was a very motivated person, and had a lot of drive in my career, always wanting to move up, and get promoted, had a lot of schooling, and now I feel like it is all down the toilet. So, because of all this it has caused me to have severe depression and anxiety. I never in a million years would have thought I would be in this position. Anyway, sorry to ramble on so long, it is nice when I can find someone who is going through what I am because then I feel they can understand. Thanks for listening!
Hi again Lady,

Ramble away, that is what we are here for! Each time I was denied, they basically said the same thing: yes, I have severe back problems, but they still felt I should be able to find some type of easy job.

Good luck, and I hope you get good news soon!

 
Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #13
Junior Member
(female)
 
Scribe4762's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nashville, TN USA
Posts: 10
Scribe4762 HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Hi,
My lawyer has filed for an OTR decision on my behalf. I was denied at the 1st stage and Recon level. I live in TN and I am still waiting to hear something! I first filed June 2009 and here it is Nov 2011! I have Young Onset Parkinson's disease, Rheumatoid arthritis, Rheumatoid vasculitis and Diabetes. I'll turn 50 in April.

Anyone out there going through the same thing in TN? If so what was your timing?

Thanks everyone...this is so difficult and everyone is so helpful here.

 
Old 11-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Clearwater Florida
Posts: 1,163
vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe4762 View Post
Hi,
My lawyer has filed for an OTR decision on my behalf. I was denied at the 1st stage and Recon level. I live in TN and I am still waiting to hear something! I first filed June 2009 and here it is Nov 2011! I have Young Onset Parkinson's disease, Rheumatoid arthritis, Rheumatoid vasculitis and Diabetes. I'll turn 50 in April.

Anyone out there going through the same thing in TN? If so what was your timing?

Thanks everyone...this is so difficult and everyone is so helpful here.
I'm not from Tn. But it took me a little over 3 mts. To get my on the record decision but that was last year ,right now there are more people waiting so it might take longer than 3 mts. To here anything, I'm sorry but that is what I have been reading also there are so many people asking for Otr the odar offices are just overwhelmed .

 
Old 11-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #15
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bohemia, NY, USA
Posts: 49
kittyluvr400 HB Userkittyluvr400 HB Userkittyluvr400 HB Userkittyluvr400 HB User
Re: On The Record Decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann04 View Post
I'm not from Tn. But it took me a little over 3 mts. To get my on the record decision but that was last year ,right now there are more people waiting so it might take longer than 3 mts. To here anything, I'm sorry but that is what I have been reading also there are so many people asking for Otr the odar offices are just overwhelmed .
I had no idea of this OTR thing. My lawyer never uttered a word about it. After the application denial (and no appeal needed in NY) I went straight for a hearing request. While waiting for the letter for a hearing date, I had gotten a 6 page report explaining that the judge had dismissed by request for a hearing and has given me a fully favorable decision. Within a week I had my backpay wired into my checking acct and monthly payments started a few weeks later.

My health issues is due to severe stenosis of the spine, with 10 vertebrae pinching my spine. Many doctor notes backing this up, plus giving up a high paid managerial (sp?) position of 21 yrs....yes, judges do think "Why would she quit her job after all this time.................? I was 49 when approved. The whole process from beginning to end took about 10 months.

10 VERY LONG AND SCARY months at that!

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
alj held record open for thirty days has any one been through this how long after the bfr1133 Disabilities 0 07-30-2011 10:36 AM
record being held open for 30 days after alj hearing whats next? bfr1133 Disabilities 6 07-19-2011 05:43 AM
Deadbeat Dad gets SSI can my child collect on his record? jbsim Disabilities 2 06-12-2010 08:56 PM
On the record decisions Vuitton70 Disabilities 4 05-25-2009 04:39 PM
On the record decision Aver00 Disabilities 4 11-20-2008 09:43 AM

Tags
otr



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!